Changing towers on a commercial kegerator - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Changing towers on a commercial kegerator

Old 02-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
Fusorfodder
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I might be picking up a True TDD-1, and it has a tower with a single faucet. Is it terribly difficult to change out a tower on this or on commercial style kegerator in general?
Kegged - Yet More Beer
Planning - A Bunch of Beer and some mead

I always forget to update this thing, so the above should in general hold true.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:56 PM   #2
Chris K
Recipes 

Apr 2007
Delco PA

i changed out the single tap faucet on my beverage-air bm23 and installed a two tap faucet of about the same size. it was pretty simple and took only about 1/2 hour. remove screws holding stock tower, install new tower.

if you are lucky the new tower screw holes will coincide with the stock faucet, but i was not so fortunate. i had to utilze two (or three) of the stock holes, and had to drill new holes for the slightly larger faucet. it was not difficult....for me. YMMV!