Does this look infected?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
depends, how long did you leave the lid off while you snapped photos? and how many times was it opened before this?

Nope.

Every time somebody posts this question I start singing Sum 41.
220px-Sum41_doesthislookinfected.png

I would agree that the film seems a bit unsettling, however, even if it is infected it doesn't make it undrinkable. If it tastes good, bottle it up.

Thank you for the replies. I bottles regardless; hopefully it isn't infected. Just in case, I've put towels over and around the cases for potential bottle bombs. Now to wait two weeks...

Thank you for the replies. I bottles regardless; hopefully it isn't infected. Just in case, I've put towels over and around the cases for potential bottle bombs. Now to wait two weeks...

It's definitely infected with something- hopefully it still tastes great in two weeks. Good idea keeping the bottles in a safe place, just in case.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1448472757.093829.jpg I cracked a pint open last night and... I was blown away! It's my first "success". It's thick, but easy-drinking, tastes like dark fruits with no discernible off-flavors, and I'm very proud of myself. I consider it a "Belgian Red". I really don't think this is infected.

Any time you see white film like that and it cracks like ice on a pond, that's an infection. You can actually have an infection and not notice any irregularities in taste, though.

Nice color to that beer too.

I think it must have some sort of infection. There is an iPhone and a disotrted hand floating in the brew. That can't be a good thing. Maybe a lacto infection......

LOL

Maybe it's an iPod and not that worrisome as a result. I think there are still a few cases of lightly souring iPodococcus to be found these days. I say, "let it ride"

No sickness here. It's like a synthesis of wine and beer. It has a pleasant dark fruit aftertaste and light Munich malt flavor. It reminds me of the Goose Island Festive Ale, but thicker and obviously not as clear.

Back