Cats

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! Hmmmm don't have any of our cat supervisors on brew day - we try to keep them shoo'd away from the process - one of the cats LOVES our homebrew, especially our brown ale!

They were both adopted from the SPCA and named when we got them, appropriately Tequila and St. Pauli Girl! SPCA was in booze mode that week - other cats there named Bailey, Chardonnay, Merlot, Jack Daniels, etc.

Tequila is the gray one, Pauli is the Siamese/Snowshoe.

tequila on new sofa 9-30-15.jpg

pauli 8-7-09-2.jpg

Tiger showed up looking hungry as I was brewing out on the deck one day . I had also grilled some hot dogs during the 60 min mash so I chunked one out in the yard for him. Next thing I know he's in my lap. That was ~ two years ago and he's been hanging out ever since. He comes and goes as he pleases, kills squirrels, rabbits, birds, etc and brings them on the deck to eat. It's cool to watch him hunt. I am not a cat guy - I have two dogs - but he's a good dude.

014_zpsvqh351jy.jpg

Kitstu had some catnip last night. We got her as a young kitten, and couldn't agree on a name. We just called her The F**king Kitty because, well, things kittens do. Took her to get vaccinated at a clinic and they needed a name, so my daughter said Kung Fu Kitty.
For a while afterward we got shot reminders for Kung Fu K. Must have been a character limit for names.View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1447561978.353989.jpg

Here's Jasper in his "fort". While Leo from the OP is super social, Jasper spends 90% of his time upstairs and tries to pretend he doesn't exist. He's a pretty cool kitty once he warms up to you. That took a while for me since I had to chase him around the house (long story) and scared the heck out of him. He won in the end though as he bit my hand and sent me to the hospital for three days with an infected cat bite

View attachment 1447593046744.jpg

He died about a month ago at the ripe old age of 16. I miss him a lot. He was my buddy.

So sorry about losing your buddy!! It's never easy. My last "batch" before these two consisted of Miss Kitty, who made it to 15; ToTo, who made it to 16; and Lucky, who had the last laugh on those two and lived to age 22.

My Tequila is very dog-like in her personality - has to be where you are, doing what you're doing or at least supervising, cries if she can't find you or you go outside without her, sits up for a treat.... Pauli, OTOH, is a CAT through and through and really couldn't care less what you're doing or what you want HER to do, she's gonna dang well do what she wants! LOL!

LOVE all the pictures.

i've got five cats, three of them came to my house and decided that the life here was not so bad, the sofa is comfortable and the food is good so they decided to stay here:)
the black one is my grandma's cat, is HUGE!

Tobias (aka Kitty T) was a hoot.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egBcYzavhnA[/ame]
If my wife hadn't started giggling, we don't know where the Bassett would have ended up.

Two cats have had me .... I've never had a cat. Both started out as buddies, and ended up sharing my living space. Both were extremely well behaved...... they behaved as guests, and never once needed to be told the "rules". They would not make a mess in the house, and would never bother food left on the counter, or do any of the things people often claim cat cannot be cured of. They greeted me when I came home, they could be left for weeks while I was gone, and were there when I came back. Unlike dogs they weren't "needy". They were independent, but generally welcomed my affection, and occasionally came to me when they were in need....... I trusted them, and they trusted me 100%.
That said, I have had many "dog friends", but "dog people" and "cat people", seem to have different needs from their animal companions........ I'm neither, but I don't do dogs because they are extremely high maintenance, and can never be left to their own devices. They require 100% supervision..... or confinement. You cannot turn a dog loose. I've had working dogs..... and pets, but do not need the level of commitment a dog requires.

H.W.

Our (formerly) gruesome twosome. The big gray boy, Hunter, pass abruptly on Valentine's day 2013 :( The big white and tabby boy, Chico Bonito, is still with us at 15 yrs of age. Hunter was always my big helper - whatever I was doing he was in the middle. Chico hangs out but doesn't get involved. I'm sure Hunter would have been very helpful with my brewing pasttime if he was still here!

Well the picture didn't load...try again...

DSCF0042.jpg

@Inkleg uahahah you are right but also @Temptd2 's cat need a bigger one:p

Cats are just weird. I'm sure right now, our Sphynx Bela is laying under the covers of the California King with just her head sticking out.

This is 2 years old, but it's my favorite picture of my cat. He was sitting next to the box of Sam Adams and I was gonna take a picture calling him the spokescat, I got on the floor and he started walking towards me and it is just th ebest picture of him in my opinion.

1480627_10151947197963961_731455181_n.jpg

Valor helping out on the brew day for Valor's On The Nip.
12087043_10100194747611742_7170720364479740522_o.jpg

Grim enjoying some Table Cat on the table in front of the hops.
11900118_10100180190783742_8941747370838503888_o.jpg

Both of the boys doing some cat yoga.
11722517_10100164756124922_8473155466288178929_o.jpg

We've always had a cat (or two). Our current kitty is about 11-12 years old, and we got her as a young cat from the local shelter in 2005.

She's a small Maine coon mix. Her name is Demoti, which is Ojibwe for "Talks While Walking". She's not very vocal at all, but when we first got her she would walk through the house, sort of muttering to herself. It was hysterically funny, like a little old grandma constantly muttering. She her name stuck, but the muttering didn't.

DSCF0121.jpg

DSCF3993-2.jpg

We've always had a cat (or two). Our current kitty is about 11-12 years old, and we got her as a young cat from the local shelter in 2005.

She's a small Maine coon mix. Her name is Demoti, which is Ojibwe for "Talks While Walking". She's not very vocal at all, but when we first got her she would walk through the house, sort of muttering to herself. It was hysterically funny, like a little old grandma constantly muttering. She her name stuck, but the muttering didn't.

Had to laugh at the picture of the cat in the no-sew blanket - man don't they LOVE those things! I just made a HUGE one for KOTC a week ago and Tequila already thinks it's ALL HERS!

Back