Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > Accidental 12 hour mash
Old 02-23-2008, 01:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Originally Posted by zoebisch01
Actually, if you had gotten infected and it soured enough to notice in the final product you'd notice it ahead of time. I am guessing that if you didn't smell the soured funk when you lautered that you'll be A-OK in that dept.
Yeah, mine smelt (was afraid to taste it) like sweet and sour chinese food.

Kinda gross and good at the same time.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #12
Default accidental megamash

Through no fault of my own, I drank too much yesterday and wasn't competent complete the brew I was making, so it sat there, all night, at a constant 68C (154.4F) in my 50l Braumeister. The grain must have had about 16 hours soaking.

I finished the brew of this morning. Not surprisingly the wort was crystal clear and it developed a good foamy head when I dropped it into the fermenters. It also had a good 2 hour boil, on account of my general slowness. Efficiency was about normal. There were no 'off' smells.

I'll post again in a fewof weeks and advise if there are any unexpected flavours or other goings-on which may be of interest to members.

The brew in question is a simple wheat/vienna Saison late hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Sticklebract.
Old 04-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #13
Liked 302 Times on 247 Posts
Likes Given: 316

Originally Posted by Donasay View Post
I mashed in at 155 and by 1:00 the next day the mash was down to 140. I know this wort is going to be exceptionally fermentable and very light.
The wort will most likely not be as exceptionally fermentable as you suspect.
Starting at 155, you would have denatured all of the enzymes that act at lower temps.
This is the reason that when a step mash is performed, we start at lower temps and work up to higher temps.

Brew on friend, I just thought that I would add this info.
Blackbird Brewing

PRIMARY: No-Luc Lodge Jaeger-Brew
BOTTLED: Razapple Wine- Vintage 2014
KEGGED: Cascade Session Pale Ale
Do not mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you will remember about me.
People Like This