This is my first time brewing so abunch of noob questions follow. I did search the forum but still have a few questions.
1) So I forgot to take OG of the beer so is there anyway to figure out the alcohol content by using the FG ?
2) Also I'm having a hard time with the hydrometer touching the sides of the container I use to take the readings. Is it ok to just barely touch ? I spin the hydrometer around so it should be free of bubbles.
3) Taking a reading the fluid rasies abit around the hydrometer do I read at the raised level or the lower level ?
4) The scale shows 1.000 the below that says 10 then 20. Are these showing hundreths such as 1.010 for the 10 mark ? So one line above 10 would be 1.009 ?
5) The guy at the beer store told me it was ok to take a reading at 70F. I would just have to move the scale up or down a point, but I didn't write down what he said and have forgotten. So at 70F my reading was 1.019 if I read it correctly and its been fermenting for 10 days at about 63F. It shows 1.019 two days in arow so I believe its ready to move into another bucket prime with sugar and bottle.
I am using a sealed plastic bucket with a air lock on top. Everything has been cleaned with bleach.
I'm brewing a Honey Brown Ale.