Where are you at INDIANA - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > Where are you at INDIANA

Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 PM   #91
TheBrewWarrior
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Louisville

Checking in from New Albany, IN.

Anytime I travel I usually have to tell people I'm from Louisville or they have no idea what I'm talking about.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:49 AM   #92
Eamster
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I am close to New Albany as well. New Albanian is always a nice place to get a good brew.

Old 04-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #93
TheBrewWarrior
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamster
I am close to New Albany as well. New Albanian is always a nice place to get a good brew.
Indeed. It's actually a pretty interesting area to be in. Seems like there's another brewery every couple years. New Albanian is definitely my person favorite. I hear that there's another one coming to Jeffersonville soon.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #94
katoptrizo
Recipes 

Apr 2013
Logansport, Indiana

Logansport, IN here. Anyone in the Cass/Miami/Howard counties looking to make a run to a shop soon? I'm out of ingredients and need to stop buying piecemeal amounts of them.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:49 PM   #95
TheBrewWarrior
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cburgbrew View Post
Campbellsburg here. No good beer here except my basement. I either drive 40 mins to New Albany or 1 hr to Bloomington for breweries
Just caught this. I actually work for NetShape, which has a big plant in C'burg. You weren't kidding about that drive. Sounds like there's some good beer around Seymour though.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #96
Cburgbrew
Recipes 

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrewWarrior View Post

Just caught this. I actually work for NetShape, which has a big plant in C'burg. You weren't kidding about that drive. Sounds like there's some good beer around Seymour though.
Me too. There are only 4 of us that I know who brew. Which one are you?

Old 05-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #97
TheBrewWarrior
Recipes 

Mar 2013
Louisville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cburgbrew View Post
Me too. There are only 4 of us that I know who brew. Which one are you?
My name's Greg. I just started working at the Sellersburg office in Jan, but I spent a lot of time at the C'burg plant with Tracy when I started.

Small world! Then again... this is a topic about Indiana.

Old 05-03-2013, 03:01 PM   #98
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1670 Times on 1250 Posts

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Right between Illinois and Ohio....

(answering the OP )

New Albanian is great. Right across the river in Ky are some great ones as well. Against the Grain, Cumberland, BBC Tap room.

TheBrewWarrior Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 12:23 AM   #99
marvinsjunk
Recipes 

May 2013
Indianapolis, IN
Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

First post from Carmel.

The wife and I just started brewing this year. 4 batches so far. Oatmeal milk stout, pale ale, GF brown, and just brewed our first BIAB AG batch last weekend for Nat'l HB Day (Gumballhead clone).

We're both Boilermakers and our first intro to craft brew was Lafayette Brew Co. I remember my first sip of oatmeal stout fondly, and we try to make it back there as often as we can.

We are really excited to have Union Brew Co here in Carmel, and highly recommend. I've had some wonderful brews there (and some that I wasn't too excited about). The people are awesome and they're doing some great things!

BTW, just had Zombie Dust from 3 Floyds for the first time, and it might be my new favorite beer. One of my wife's college buddies lives about a block from 3F so they picked us up a couple of sixers in the 4 hours before it sold out. Probably never would have gotten our hands on it otherwise...

Cheers All!

nsring Likes This 
Old 05-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #100
lakedawgs
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Beech Grove, Indiana
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Welcome marvinsjunk,
You can get a lot of 3Floyds locally but your right, Zombie Dust is usually just available at the brewery. I have a buddy that works in that area and commutes home every weekend so we have a pretty regular supply right now. I'm actually a bit heavy on it right now but diligently working on correcting that.
Check out Tuxedo Park Brewers for supplies and info, great place.