Where are you at INDIANA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWRIGHT

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've got to put my two cents in here. Muncie, IN has a pub downtown called the Herot. The place is amazing. It was basically my intoduction to real beer. They've got something like 80 beers on tap and another like 200 bottled beers. I went there every Friday for some time and didn't even scratch the surface. My intro to things like Omegang, Gulden Draak, Skullsplitter, Samiclaus, the list is incredible. No music, no BMC, no meatheads, if anyone is ever in the vacinity, it would not dissapoint.

I work with a guy who's girlfriend went to school down there. He's told me about this place before. Sounds pretty awesome. I'm up in Fort Wayne, so not too far away. I'll have to check it out sometime.

Sounds great... But no music? Whats a bar without tunes? Seems wrong to me.

I don't get thru Indiana like I used to, but next time I'm through those parts i'l ldefinitely try to hit it for a few pints. Never heard of it before.

I have spent many nights and drank many beers at the Herot. None of my buddies go to school there anymore, so it is harder to get down there but I still make a point to stop in every time I am driving through the area. It is by far the best beer bar I have ever been to and I have no idea what it is doing in Muncie.

As for the music, on the weekends they have live musicians going and when they don't they have a piano off to the side that patrons often play. In the last year or so they also added a jukebox that requires you to pay to play. But non the less there is usually music coming out of it.

Evansville IN here...Turonis is the only place here in town for anything resembling Homebrew. Good pizza and atmosphere.

uglygoat said:
how's the mad anthony brewery doing on broadway? i miss that place, especially the pizza...

They're doing great, selling in nearly every liquor store, grocery and restaurant around here and they've opened the Mad Anthony Tap Room in Auburn and the Lake City Tap House in Warsaw.

There's also some newer competition in town. http://www.warbirdbrewing.com/

What about Scotty's? I hear it being advertised on the local Muncie radio station all the time. As a matter of fact I'm getting ready to head over to Muncie to stop at the LHBS. I need to pick up a few supplies, too bad I have to work tonight or I would stop by there....

I'm up in Griffith - about 10 minutes east of 3 Floyds.

We have five (going on six) breweries in Lake, Porter and LaPorte County so there is local beer almost everywhere you turn.

Well on the topic of indiana breweries Barely Island jsut opened up their second location in Broad Ripple (college/village area on indianapolis's north side). I havent been to their new location yet but they make some great beers and have taken home some awards from the GABF the past few years. Im excited for this new location as they plan to have 30 taps with alot of guest beers. Any traveling beer geek should be able to stop in and taste most of indianas great beers!

My brother lives 15 minutes from 3 Floyds. Every time we go up there I stop in. Real cool atmosphere.

They have an apple beer that is the only beer my gf will drink. Anyone know what its called?

I am in Indy(Greenwood) right next to the best microbrew store in the state.(Parti-Pak) Urban I did not know 3 Floyds opened in the Ripple, I will def go there!

I am on the West side, Avon area. Make sure you get to GF for your $30 refractometer on the 12th.

Just had to give Great Fermentations some more love. Its the only HBS I've ever been to, but I don't have any complaints. They are all very helpful and I've yet to not be able to find what I need. (Other than hops from time to time)

Just had to give Great Fermentations some more love. Its the only HBS I've ever been to, but I don't have any complaints. They are all very helpful and I've yet to not be able to find what I need. (Other than hops from time to time)

More kudos for Great Fermentations. Love the people there. On the southside of Indy and its worth the trip up to 65th for my supplies.

Bringing an old thread back.

I'm in Lafayette. Been to Great Fermentations a few times. The knowledge is great for a beginner like me.

Indianapolis here. Can't beat the selection of breweries, brew pubs, beer bars, and craft beer focused liquor stores. I live downtown as well, so I'm pretty close to about everything.

Evansville IN here...Turonis is the only place here in town for anything resembling Homebrew. Good pizza and atmosphere.

I love the Blue Eyed Moose and the Moose Squared! My wife's uncle drives a truck and subs for a guy in Evansville occasionally and he will usually bring me a couple of growlers. Thunderbolt is pretty good too. They gave me the recipe for he Blue Eyed Moose so I brewed it and it turned out really close, other than mine is a bit too carbonated.

I work in Indy right near Flat 12 and Sunking and live in Shelbyville, nothing happening there at the moment for beer.

Ahhh terrible haute. A lovely smell wofts through the air. No offense to you but I am anxious for 2018 when 69 is finished.

Decatur Township (SW side of Indy) here. Great Fermentations is an awesome shop. But more than the supplies, their staff is amazing and very helpful!

I'm in Indy.. over by the airport. GF is where I get all of my brewing supplies. Great place, great people. Grew up in the region. Every time i'm home I try to get to 3 floyds... I just wish they had Zombie Dust more often.. might be my favorite beer of all time!

Back