ISO Beau's Nordic Pale Ale clone recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teBrinke

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone have ideas for this recipe? The Kissmeyer Nordic Pale Ale is quite similar to a beer I had at the Ægir brewery in Flåm, Norway. Unfortunately they have a long list of beers so I am not sure which one I tried, but the two are similar in style.

The Kissmeyer Nordic Ale Ale has been brewed with "Sweet Gale, Yarrow, Dried Heather Flowers, Rose Hips, and Cranberries, with a Maple-Syrup addition to round out the complex character of the beer.

I have searched the Internet and come up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you get anywhere with this recipe?

I'd like to do something similar - a bold IPA with Nordic aromatics. Just for some originality I'd like to change up some of the flavours - perhaps some Chamomile and licorice.

Some of the more experienced folks should be able to derive a recipe from this:

TECHNICAL SPECS
ALC/VOL: 5.6%
INGREDIENTS: Spring Water, Organic Barley & Rye Malts, Organic Oats, Organic Hops, Organic Maple Syrup, Organic Heather Flowers, Organic Rosehips, Organic Cranberries, Wild Sweet Gale, Organic Yarrow, Yeast.
MALTS: Pilsner, Pale Ale, Munich, Pale Ale, Unmalted Oats, Dark Crystal (All Organic)
HOPS: Simcoe, Motueka, Perle (All Organic)
YEAST: Ale Yeast
IBU’S: 30
OG: 13.3°P
FG: 2.5°P

I too love Beau's Kissmeyer Pale Ale and want to try and clone it...I know this is an older thread but I am hoping there's someone out there who has some ideas since last post?

Kissmeyer is one of my favourite beers. I'm new to homebrew but I have support from some very experienced brewers (amateur and professional) and I'd like to work my way up to this as a goal.

I wonder if we can at least work out a recipe by breaking it down by:
  • base grain type
  • additional grains
  • boil hops
  • kettle aromatics
  • type of yeast used
  • fermenter additions

Back