Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Extract Brewing > achieving correct temp
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2008, 01:13 AM   #1
nchomebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: catawba, nc
Posts: 113
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default achieving correct temp

so if i have approx 2 gallons of wort post boil, what temperature would i have to bring it down to if i was to mix it with 3 gallons of cold water to get a good pitching temperature. i am trying to eliminate carrying 5 gallons up and down stairs.


nchomebrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:43 AM   #2
Passload
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Passload's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trenton, IL (32 Miles East of St. Louis)
Posts: 353
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

At 212F 3 gal of 60F or at 150F 3 gal of 70F should bring it down to around 80F


__________________
Cheers! J.R.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars
Relax, and trust the yeast to do their job, it's the one thing they are really good at!

Zuckerflüsschen Brauend Firma
On Deck: Whatever I Want
Primary: Sugarcreek Amber Ale
Brite Tank:
Aging: Philr-er-up Rockwell
Drinking/Kegged: The Golden Quitty

"It's just like anything else"
"It's not rocket science"
Passload is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #3
nchomebrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: catawba, nc
Posts: 113
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passload
At 212F 3 gal of 60F or at 150F 3 gal of 70F should bring it down to around 80F
thanks passload.
do you have some kind of formula to go by? say i could check the temp of my cold water, and determine my post boil temp depending on post boil amount.
nchomebrew is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2008, 02:01 AM   #4
Passload
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Passload's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Trenton, IL (32 Miles East of St. Louis)
Posts: 353
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchomebrew
thanks passload.
do you have some kind of formula to go by? say i could check the temp of my cold water, and determine my post boil temp depending on post boil amount.
I used a beer program called Beer Smith http://www.beersmith.com
__________________
Cheers! J.R.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindLemonLars
Relax, and trust the yeast to do their job, it's the one thing they are really good at!

Zuckerflüsschen Brauend Firma
On Deck: Whatever I Want
Primary: Sugarcreek Amber Ale
Brite Tank:
Aging: Philr-er-up Rockwell
Drinking/Kegged: The Golden Quitty

"It's just like anything else"
"It's not rocket science"
Passload is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Techniques for achieving a lighter product with extract brewing neumann Extract Brewing 9 06-18-2009 05:02 AM
Is this correct? celtic_dude All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 2 01-18-2009 04:00 PM
What Are Your Methods for Achieving High Efficiency? EinGutesBier General Techniques 15 05-28-2008 02:48 AM
Which is correct?? IndyPABrewGuy All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 5 02-13-2008 02:41 PM
Correct Fermentation Temp? Majikcook General Techniques 7 02-01-2005 09:05 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS