Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Brewing up a Linthwaite Light

Old 02-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #1
drbell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing up a Linthwaite Light

I have absolutely no idea what to expect from this beer (it was a random selection in the homebrew shop) but I have prepared the kit and it should now be starting to ferment.

Full details on my blog here:
http://bellsbeer.wordpress.com/2008/...thwaite-light/

Starting my second brew seemed much quicker and easier than the first - a result of a little more organisation and a little more confidence I think.

I followed the instructions as closely as possible. This included the use of the hops bag, and rehydrating the yeast before pitching - neither of which we done with the Munton's IPA I did previously.

Also of note was the temperature of the beer when I pitched the yeast - just 14 degrees C because of my very cold water from my cold tap. I pitched anyway, and warmed the bucket up a little with a hair drier afterwards - hope this will be ok.

Check out my latest progress on my blog: http://bellsbeer.wordpress.com

Old 02-13-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Duke
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just completed my second batch myself. Definately more confident but not ready to take any risks. Good luck with this batch.