Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Rogue Ale @ Ruby Tuesdays...Which One?

Old 02-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2855 Times on 1690 Posts
Likes Given: 3507

Default Rogue Ale @ Ruby Tuesdays...Which One?

I don't normally eat at chains, but I ended up meeting "pseudoswambo" at a Ruby Tuesdays after work lastnight. When I asked what they had on tap, the only one beyond the usual bmc and bluemoon was Rogue Ale.

It was fantastic on draft...Even ms, "I was born in Ireland and weaned on guiness in the baby bottle liked it."

I've had a few Rogues before in bottles...I liked 'em, but there was something about it being on tap that made it a treat...

I asked the bartender which Rogue Ale it was...his answer of course was "Rogue Ale." There was no label on the taphead...

Trouble is, if you go to Rogue's website it's clear that they have quite a few different ales...(Considering the company is called Rogue Ales you can see why )
I went to Ruby Tuesday's site and it's only listed as "Rogue Ale" as well..

Anyone more familiar with Rogue's products been to an R.T. recently and recognized which of ROgue's fine beers it was?

I'd say it was in the red ale family in terms of color (But the light was kinda dim in the bar so I couldn't really tell... It was nicely balanced and crisp, but with a tasty hop bite in the finish... Not uber-IPA hoppiness...just a crispness at the end. It was full bodied and left nice "legs" on the glass.

If I could figure it out I'd definitly make this my "I'm out of homebrew" goto ale.

I think I'd even try to whip up a batch...

Anyone know which Rogue it could have been?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #2
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

I'd be willing to bet its the Dead Guy Ale. They probably took out "Dead Guy" to make it more user-friendly...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 02-12-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
mrkristofo

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Dead Guy Ale is their most popular...a maibock style made with Pacman ale yeast. See if their description matches what you had:

http://www.rogue.com/brews.html#deadguy
Conditioning: Dead Guy Ale clone, Double-Dubbel
Drinking: Not for a while

Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

I thought it might be dead guy....I haven't had that in bottles in a couple years..so I can't recall...but I know it's their most popular one...so yeah It could be in a chain like that...

I'll have to read their pdf...

Thanks!

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 02-12-2008, 08:23 PM   #5
bigjohnmilford
bigger than most

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 112

nice, I've never been to a Ruby Tuesdays. Now I might have to. It's been a while since I had a dead guy and I've never had one on tap. Thanks for the info.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohnmilford
nice, I've never been to a Ruby Tuesdays. Now I might have to. It's been a while since I had a dead guy and I've never had one on tap. Thanks for the info.

It was a pleasant surprise....he red through the list and there was nothing on tap I would drink...didn't even have guiness...Then I heard the magic word "Rogue" and I knew the night was saved. LOL

ANd the food wasn't bad either.

Old 06-23-2009, 02:01 AM   #7
chefchris
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I'm sorry ... I hate to dig up an old thread but the same thing happened to me. I asked our nice waitress what the Rogue was that they had on tap. She went and asked, came back and said it was the Rogue Ale, I said "OK ... which one?" She went back to the bar and returned with "It's a darker one". I didn't want to trouble her anymore so I ordered another beer. Later I went up to the bartender and asked what Rogue that was, he must have known I was the guy who sent the waitress there twice and smarted off and said "IT'S THE ROGUE ALE". I said, "You do realize that all Rogue makes is Ales and you're narrowing it down to about 20 different possibilities". He then yelled, "IT'S JUST YOUR STANDARD ALE".

I was amazed. I just walked away laughing.

Again, sorry to be a grave robber.

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Old 06-23-2009, 02:40 AM   #8
beesy
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I would be willing to bet is was their Dead Guy. I believe it is their most widespread beer. Never had it on tap and haven't been to a Rudy Tuesday's in years... maybe time for a trip.

Old 06-23-2009, 03:33 AM   #9
Reno_eNVy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 205 Times on 173 Posts
Likes Given: 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefchris View Post
He then yelled, "IT'S JUST YOUR STANDARD ALE".
Oh snap, what's up Mr. Douche-Baggington the Third?

I'd ask for the manager after that.... but that's just me. Or maybe just climb over the bar and examine the keg myself ^_^

I think Ruby Tuesday makes some dang tasty food but if that happened to me I don't know I would go back.

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 06-23-2009, 06:50 AM   #10
Dog House Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

My local Ruby T's servers Dead Guy Ale. DIdn't care for it in the bottle, but liked it from the tap. Not sure how a beer can be different on tap, but this beer is far better on tap.