Home Brew Forums > Food and Beverage > Cooking & Pairing > Unfermented wort recipe thread.

Old 08-16-2011, 08:42 PM   #11
snowveil
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beekeeperjoy View Post
Oh. My. God. This is the best bread we've ever made. I'm going to make some more wort tomorrow and freeze it so we can have this for bread every time we want to make it. Anyone else have experience with wort and bread baking? I knew about the spent grain but the wort made this really special.
A bit of a zombie revival, but a good topic nonetheless.

An episode of Brewing TV mentioned a drink called a "Hot Scotchy" for which you run off some precious first runnings into a cup and mix it with scotch. I've never tried it, but they raved about it on the show.

I made pizza dough using smoked porter wort and spent grains. Topped it with roasted garlic BBQ sauce, chicken, mozzarella and smoked gouda. Paired this, with, of course, Smoked porter! Turned out great!

Old 08-16-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
Beekeeperjoy
Recipes 

How long will wort stay good for in the fridge?

Old 08-17-2011, 12:21 AM   #13
Beekeeperjoy
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowveil View Post
A bit of a zombie revival, but a good topic nonetheless.

An episode of Brewing TV mentioned a drink called a "Hot Scotchy" for which you run off some precious first runnings into a cup and mix it with scotch. I've never tried it, but they raved about it on the show.

I made pizza dough using smoked porter wort and spent grains. Topped it with roasted garlic BBQ sauce, chicken, mozzarella and smoked gouda. Paired this, with, of course, Smoked porter! Turned out great!
Sounds marvelous...

Old 12-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #14
DougMagic
Recipes 

What a great bread recipe!!! I'm going to try using wort in my next spent grain whole wheat bread. Thank you!

Will also be braising some short ribs in wort tomorrow too.