The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 98 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2010, 01:17 AM   #971
kingmatt
 
kingmatt's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Souderton, PA
Posts: 767
Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts


My dad after trying my first ever beer (a hopped up wheat brewed on a starter kit he bought me for my birthday):

"YUCK! It tastes like beer, just not the kind of beer I like. Good job."

Thanks for the vote of confidence dad
__________________
Fermenting: Rye IPA
Kegged: Munich Helles, Doppelbock, American Pale
BJCP Certified Judge
-=My Keezer Build=-

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #972
Keff
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Seattle, Wa
Posts: 72

Thought I would never run across this. I was carpooling with my boss so I gave him some of my bacon beer I recently made. They were warm since they were sitting in the work truck all day and so on the way home I told him to keep them in the fridge and try them later tonight or even tomorrow so they have a chance to cool off from the 90F heat. He turns and says to me, Oh its ok dude, I will throw some ice into the glass. LOL I was like, uhhhhhh really? I didnt know what to say. He did wait and tried it like i said to and fell in love with the beer. But I was still shocked.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 04:47 PM   #973
kingmatt
 
kingmatt's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Souderton, PA
Posts: 767
Liked 45 Times on 35 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keff View Post
Thought I would never run across this. I was carpooling with my boss so I gave him some of my bacon beer I recently made. They were warm since they were sitting in the work truck all day and so on the way home I told him to keep them in the fridge and try them later tonight or even tomorrow so they have a chance to cool off from the 90F heat. He turns and says to me, Oh its ok dude, I will throw some ice into the glass. LOL I was like, uhhhhhh really? I didnt know what to say. He did wait and tried it like i said to and fell in love with the beer. But I was still shocked.
Warm bacon beer??? I am wondering what my comment would be after trying something like that...
__________________
Fermenting: Rye IPA
Kegged: Munich Helles, Doppelbock, American Pale
BJCP Certified Judge
-=My Keezer Build=-

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:58 PM   #974

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatt View Post
Warm bacon beer??? I am wondering what my comment would be after trying something like that...
Suddenly, flavorless beer sounds pretty good

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 AM   #975
mwhc22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
mwhc22's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2006
Wisconsin/Utah
Posts: 239

I lways get the same things from people that find out i made a beer they tried or that i even brew at all...

"you made beer?! How?"

"You can do that? isn't that against the law?"

"how do you know what to put in it?"

"will this make me sick?"

and the best one i get the day after all the time...

Friend: "your brew gave me the worst hangover and headache ever!!""

Me: ummm are you sure it didn't have anything to do with the 4 bud lights and 8 shots of various hard alcohol and 6 other beers besides the 2 home brews you had?
__________________
It has been long recognized that the problems with alcohol relate not to the use of a bad thing,
but to the abuse of a good thing." -Abe Lincoln


Heres to a long life and a merry one,
a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and a true one,
a cold beer and another one." -Lewis Henry


"old schlitz...new schlitz... both getz you LITZ!"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 08:17 AM   #976
Keff
Recipes 
 
Nov 2009
Seattle, Wa
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingmatt View Post
Warm bacon beer??? I am wondering what my comment would be after trying something like that...
He didn't open one, since we were still driving...

We were talking about what he was going to do when he got home. After work. That night.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #977
ericd
Recipes 
 
Sep 2007
Posts: 635
Liked 12 Times on 5 Posts


I have a homebrewer friend who's beer criticism vocabulary is restricted to the word "astringency."

Me: "Hey man, try this Hop Rod Rye."
Him: *Tastes it* "Hmmm, it has a kind of harshness to it, an...astringency."
Me: *wut*

And from Mom:

"Are you sure it wont kill you?"
"ARE YOU SURE?!"
"How do you know what's growing in there?"
"How do you know if it's not poisonous?"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #978

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
And from Mom:

"Are you sure it wont kill you?"
"ARE YOU SURE?!"
"How do you know what's growing in there?"
"How do you know if it's not poisonous?"

My mother-in-law once upbraided my father-in-law in my hearing for having a second beer because they were driving the next morning!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM   #979
imaguitargod
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,002
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts


This really isn't a comment on the beer so much as it is a funny story of human stupidity. I was doing a beer event for the brewery I work for and all the beer kegs finally kicked. We took the jockey box off the table and started to pack it away.

Now, nothing is on the table at this point. People kept coming up to me asking for another sample of our beers. Some asked "Do you have any more beer", which I guess is better then blindly coming up to the table and asking "I'd like another pour of you Pumpkin Beer" which happened ALOT. Yesh, how dumb can you be? There's nothing on the table, no taps, no nothing and we are obviously packing up our stuff. So, I had to politely tell them that we had no more beer left. Sigh.....at least they liked our beer enough to come back! Bonus there!
__________________
Brewer for Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
"I am not an alcoholic, Im a drunk. An alcoholic means that I have a problem and when I drink all my problems go away."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:42 AM   #980
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
dataz722's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Posts: 37,060
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by imaguitargod View Post
This really isn't a comment on the beer so much as it is a funny story of human stupidity. I was doing a beer event for the brewery I work for and all the beer kegs finally kicked. We took the jockey box off the table and started to pack it away.

Now, nothing is on the table at this point. People kept coming up to me asking for another sample of our beers. Some asked "Do you have any more beer", which I guess is better then blindly coming up to the table and asking "I'd like another pour of you Pumpkin Beer" which happened ALOT. Yesh, how dumb can you be? There's nothing on the table, no taps, no nothing and we are obviously packing up our stuff. So, I had to politely tell them that we had no more beer left. Sigh.....at least they liked our beer enough to come back! Bonus there!
In their defense, they were probably hammered.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
Sorry, I am sworn as a mod to disagree with the above statement. But as a rational person, I do agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump