The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 78 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 05-04-2010, 05:39 PM   #771
Mischief_Brewing

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Montpelier, VT
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts

The ever popular: "how did you get the bubbles in there?"

And my personal favorite from my brother in California when I delivered a case of my Irish Honey Red to him after an exceptionally long flight west: "Only one case? We'll need to go beer shopping tomorrow." I'm overdue for another visit...

Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #772
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
Whats the problem with that?

I guess I should have included it in the first post but he is an alcoholic. Maybe I shouldn't feed his problem but he is my Uncle. If desperate enough he will go steal some mouthwash and down a bottle of it. He doesn't drink beer.

My uncle: That sounds great. = I'll drink piss if it has 9.6 percent.

I was also more dumbfounded he said he would mix stout with bud. He was suggesting it as something I do with my chocolate stout.

Beer is good, God is great, and people are crazy.

www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com

Old 05-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #773
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjints View Post
he would mix stout with bud. He was suggesting it as something I do with my chocolate stout.
I don't see how that is such a big deal either. Yeah, a black and tan should be something else and I wouldn't like one with bud but it is still a black and tan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 05-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #774
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 489 Times on 378 Posts

you honestly gave a known alcoholic a 9.6% beer?

Old 05-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #775
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
If that's how he rolls then he should of brought some for us.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:28 AM   #776
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
I don't see how that is such a big deal either. Yeah, a black and tan should be something else and I wouldn't like one with bud but it is still a black and tan.
Black and tan is made with an ale. Bud is a lager.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:44 AM   #777
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by motobrewer View Post
He is going to drink when he wants. Me giving him beer is not going to change that. Honestly I gave him 1 beer. He probably didn't even know he drank anything. Say what you want about what I did but he is not going to change ever he doesn't drive much and doesn't get behind the wheel when drunk. He doesn't act like a fool when drunk just likes to be drunk a lot.

I am sure there are many people you know that are alcoholics. Most people think an alcoholic drinks themselves into a stupor daily but that's not always the case. A good portion of alcoholics might not even drink everyday. My uncle doesn't drink everyday. Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #778
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdecarol View Post
If that's how he rolls then he should of brought some for us.
If you want some I have plenty in the basement. Come on up although a porter when it is 80 degrees is not so nice.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:17 AM   #779
BeerPressure
Recipes 

May 2008
Dunkirk, NY
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
He is going to drink when he wants. Me giving him beer is not going to change that. Honestly I gave him 1 beer. He probably didn't even know he drank anything. Say what you want about what I did but he is not going to change ever he doesn't drive much and doesn't get behind the wheel when drunk. He doesn't act like a fool when drunk just likes to be drunk a lot.

I am sure there are many people you know that are alcoholics. Most people think an alcoholic drinks themselves into a stupor daily but that's not always the case. A good portion of alcoholics might not even drink everyday. My uncle doesn't drink everyday. Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.
that hurts

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Old 05-05-2010, 09:16 PM   #780
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Alcoholics need alcohol it might only be 1 drink per day but if you crave it everyday then you are an alcoholic. Sorry if that seems harsh but there are many alcoholics walking around who don't even realize the addiction they have.
(sorry) That's a very Americanized way of determining if someone is an alcoholic. There are plenty of things I crave everyday and depending on the situation will either act upon it or not. The fact that someone would like to have a drink each day when they come home from work makes them habitual drinkers but not necessarily physically dependent on it (read: alcoholism.) What about those individuals who drink a glass of red wine every night for the antioxidants?

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!