The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 72 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 04-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #711
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Oct 2009
IL
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

*giving my friend Dan a sip of my (I)IIPA/Barleywine*

Dan: AHH, OH GOD! *puckers and gags for a while*
Me: *laughs like Dr. Frankenstein*

I guess I took it more as a compliment.
Bottled: Ó Flannagáin Standard, Random Stout, Nut Brown, Edwort's Rye IPA, Milk Stout + Coffee Milk Stout, Centennial Blonde, Pale Ale, Cthulhu Dementia Robust Porter, Nyarlathotep (I)IIPA, Willamette IPA parti-gyle, Indian Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Oatmeal Stout, Barely Legal IIPA, Oatmeal Stout 2, Hazelnut Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Planned: RIS, Coconut Porter

Old 04-11-2010, 05:22 PM   #712
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSteel View Post
*giving my friend Dan a sip of my (I)IIPA/Barleywine*

Dan: AHH, OH GOD! *puckers and gags for a while*
Me: *laughs like Dr. Frankenstein*

I guess I took it more as a compliment.
Hilarious! I'd take it as a compliment, too. Ya know, unless I'd actually made a really bad beer

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #713
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Oct 2009
IL
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy_446 View Post
Hilarious! I'd take it as a compliment, too. Ya know, unless I'd actually made a really bad beer
10.9% and 133 IBUs lol
Bottled: Ó Flannagáin Standard, Random Stout, Nut Brown, Edwort's Rye IPA, Milk Stout + Coffee Milk Stout, Centennial Blonde, Pale Ale, Cthulhu Dementia Robust Porter, Nyarlathotep (I)IIPA, Willamette IPA parti-gyle, Indian Brown Ale, Oatmeal Stout, Blueberry Oatmeal Stout, Barely Legal IIPA, Oatmeal Stout 2, Hazelnut Coffee Oatmeal Stout
Planned: RIS, Coconut Porter

Old 04-12-2010, 12:02 AM   #714

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSteel View Post
10.9% and 133 IBUs lol
It was a wasted sip.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 04-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #715
thirstyJP
Recipes 

Jan 2010
Kentucky

My favorite was to a guy that didn't drink much beer...

I mixed a little of the morning's (COLD) coffee into just a touch of cold water.
He tipped it up and made a funny face....I started to laugh and point at him when he said "SMMOOOTH"

The grin fell from my face.

Old 04-18-2010, 05:40 PM   #716
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Frederick, MD
Liked 615 Times on 430 Posts

Last week I had some friends over, one is a beer drinker (huge guinness fan) so I thought he'd appreciate some of my brews. I poured him a sample of my Arrogant Bastard (not exact) clone.

He sips, then exclaims "Wow, that tastes exactly like Arrogant Bastard!".
"Well, it's similar, thanks", I say.
Then he says something along the lines of: "Man this one time we were on a beach trip and we wanted to get trashed, so we got a whole bunch of 40s of Arrogant Bastard and were poundin em! Man, we were so messed up, I must have drank like 3 or 4 40s of this stuff!".
"Uhhm...I think there's some Coronas in the fridge upstairs."

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-18-2010, 06:11 PM   #717
Grimster

Recipes 

Dec 2009
North Alabama
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsjax View Post
Last week I had some friends over, one is a beer drinker (huge guinness fan) so I thought he'd appreciate some of my brews. I poured him a sample of my Arrogant Bastard (not exact) clone.

He sips, then exclaims "Wow, that tastes exactly like Arrogant Bastard!".
"Well, it's similar, thanks", I say.
Then he says something along the lines of: "Man this one time we were on a beach trip and we wanted to get trashed, so we got a whole bunch of 40s of Arrogant Bastard and were poundin em! Man, we were so messed up, I must have drank like 3 or 4 40s of this stuff!".
"Uhhm...I think there's some Coronas in the fridge upstairs."
Was this dude prone to jokes cause man that sounds like he was having fun at your expense

Old 04-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #718
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Frederick, MD
Liked 615 Times on 430 Posts

No, unfortunately he was serious. I was shocked. Either they were pounding 22s and the thought they were 40s, he really thinks my AB clone tastes like Colt 45 (god I hope not), or he was trying to impress me, assuming that quantity always trumps quality and made it up? I don't know. All possible scenarios have him falling a couple of rungs on my ladder of respect though.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #719
JimE

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Virginia

I often have a couple of beers with a couple of my neighbors. It is kind of like on King of the Hill. I saw my neighbor and called down to him, "Come on over, I have a new home brew for you to try." He brought one of his Michelob Ultras with him. My home brew was a really nice, well-balanced APA. It has good malt up front and finishes with a definite yet not to aggresive bitter. My neighbor takes a drink, picks up his Ultra bottle and asks, "Can you make something that tastes like this?" I replied, "I could, but I can't think of any reason why I would." We laughed, tipped our glasses to each other. He won't get a taste of any more of my home brews.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:27 PM   #720
DevilsCreekBrewing
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Cambridge Ontario
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsjax View Post
No, unfortunately he was serious. I was shocked. Either they were pounding 22s and the thought they were 40s, he really thinks my AB clone tastes like Colt 45 (god I hope not), or he was trying to impress me, assuming that quantity always trumps quality and made it up? I don't know. All possible scenarios have him falling a couple of rungs on my ladder of respect though.
Could he have thought a 1L growler was a 40oz bottle?

Some days are just made for too many drinks with friends. Should he have drank 40s of Shlitz? I would rather drink 4 growlers of AB.