The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 71 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 04-10-2010, 01:11 AM   #701
celticcolorado

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Centennial, CO
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I had 3 Coors drinkers tell me the other day after drinking Irish Red "it must be pretty weak, I can't even taste the alcohol". This is beer...not Scotch people!

Old 04-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #702
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
staten island
Liked 547 Times on 416 Posts

I don't know why that reminded me of this one but last night I was drinking a homemade cider.

Neighbor: what are you drinkin now mike?
Me: homemade cider, want one?
Neighbor: you mean like beer cider?
Me: no, apple cider
neighbor: (very matter of factly) oh, apple juice!!!
me: no, apple ciiiider
neighbor: geez, what kind of stuff are you cookin up in there?
me: beer and cider, but not beer cider

Old 04-10-2010, 01:25 AM   #703
Brew Runner
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Antelope Valley, SoCal
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticcolorado View Post
I had 3 Coors drinkers tell me the other day after drinking Irish Red "it must be pretty weak, I can't even taste the alcohol". This is beer...not Scotch people!
That's because they think "strong" should taste like Camo 900...which is vile stuff IMO.

They just need to learn that the good high gravity brews don't taste like high gravity brews.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #704
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts

Gave my mom a bottle a Brown Mild that is anywhere from 3.25-3.75 ABV (wind blew my hydro right off the grills side tray) and she said "It's too strong". I'm going to brew her a Kolsch so she thinks it's weak because of its color. Then I'm going to switch it with an IPA and watch her pucker.

Old 04-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #705
gmtech825
Recipes 

Jan 2010
new hampshire
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

not about my brew but still funny...

i had a waiter trying to tell me that he thought Sam Adams "Adds hops just for the sake of adding more hops"

yeah because hops are so cheap, why not just throw some more in.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #706
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Middletown, De
Liked 3061 Times on 3003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech825 View Post
not about my brew but still funny...

i had a waiter trying to tell me that he thought Sam Adams "Adds hops just for the sake of adding more hops"

yeah because hops are so cheap, why not just throw some more in.
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that guy. I think a lot of their beers are over hopped for the style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 PM   #707

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with that guy. I think a lot of their beers are over hopped for the style.
I disagree. Its obvious the waiter didn't know what they were talking about with regard to SA and hops.

I hate when people spout of crap they know nothing about but act as an authority on the matter. Its make me want to be a royal a$$hole to them. I take pleasure in being an a$$hole at times!

That said I view opinions and speculation quite differently. Its not a matter of authority.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 04-11-2010, 10:46 AM   #708
lustreking

Recipes 

Aug 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Liked 32 Times on 25 Posts

Her: This is good, what kind of beer is it?
Me: It's called a cream ale.
Her: Yeah, you can really taste the cream.

Old 04-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #709
dominusthewolf
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Buddy: Does it work?
Me: What?
Buddy: You know is there alcohol?
Me: Yes
Buddy: OK Lets have some.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-11-2010, 04:27 PM   #710
snowveil

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Lebanon, PA
Liked 62 Times on 46 Posts

I brought a bomber of Stone RIS over to a bbq last weekend to introduce some newly 21 folks to how dark a beer really can be. I figured, hey, let's not ease these people in...toss them in the deep end and get some reactions.

"This tastes like Guinness!"

I've found 2 major things that I feel many homebrewers and micro fans in general tend to forget...

1) Just because someone doesn't drink beer doesn't mean that they need to start off with a Blonde Ale or Mild. My Fiance doesn't like most of the beers I buy or have made, but she loves a good porter (The bourbon porter at the Ren Faire in PA was by far her favorite beer ever)

2) To us (with acclimated palates), the difference between a german lager and and a pale ale may be STRIKING, but to the uninitiated they can't tell. Even with a wider style gap, let's face it....beer is composed of the same basic ingredients. You may be able to see the differences between the maltiness and hoppiness of an English Mild and an American Stout...but to them they're still tasting Malted barley, hops, and yeast. Even an English Mild is a huge leap in flavor from a BMC.

my 2 cents

People Like This