The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 67 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 02-08-2010, 06:10 AM   #661
mordantly
Recipes 

May 2008
Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

that's priceless: holding a beer tasting and someone enters bud light.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #662
TheCarnie
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Greenville, South Carolina
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

On my 1st and 2nd batches
Them:You brewed this?
Me: Yup, its not hard
Them: Why's there no label on the bottle?
Me: Cause i brewed it.
Them: Are you opening up a brewery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit View Post
Well, now I know what to tell people when they ask how it is made. Put the grain/hops/yeast and water in the bathtub. Mash by stomping around in it, turn on the shower to lauter then pull the plug and bottle by using the special valve on the "pee-trap". Won't have to share any when I'm done explaining that....
WOW! I'm stealing this idea!

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #663
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

"Hmmm, tastes like blue moon", when I handed my neighbor an English pale ale. Grrr...at least she liked it, but gosh darn it, why can't I have neighbors that appreciate good beer. I have friends from from work that actually know something about beer, but I don't hang out with them outside of work that often.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 02-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #664
mordantly
Recipes 

May 2008
Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukebrewer View Post
"Hmmm, tastes like blue moon", when I handed my neighbor an English pale ale. Grrr...at least she liked it, but gosh darn it, why can't I have neighbors that appreciate good beer. I have friends from from work that actually know something about beer, but I don't hang out with them outside of work that often.
i'll come over and intellectually drink your beer!

Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 AM   #665
Bru
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Johannesburg, South Africa
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

To my brown ale : "but its brown !"
(no, really ?)

Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 PM   #666
Hermit
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Alternate Universe
Liked 72 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarnie View Post
WOW! I'm stealing this idea!
I have added to the story since. Before 'lautering' you throw in a bottle of vodka. That is where you get the alcohol and kit kills the germs in the p-trap.

Old 02-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #667
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Had a strange one last night. I had an old friend my Honey Brown ale and he says, "Wow, that's black!"

And no, the beer's not black, it's amber brown in color.

Old 02-08-2010, 05:12 PM   #668
david83

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Tolland County CT
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

i took a few to a freind last night and he said tastes good,kinda tastes like a sam adams or that style of beer(its a scottish light ale)and drank that glass poured the rest of the bottle in the glass drank it half way down then proceded to pour a natural icelight into and mix with my homebrew i gave him!he gets no more of my beer ever!

Keg 1-Slap U in the face Orange Kolsch!
Keg 2-English brown eYe ale!

Reason: spelling

Old 02-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #669
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Oct 2009
IL
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by david83 View Post
i took a few to a freind last night and he said tastes good,kinda tastes like a sam adams or that style of beer(its a scottish light ale)and drank that glass poured the rest of the bottle in the glass drank it half way down then proceded to pour a natural icelight into and mix with my homebrew i gave him!he gets no more of my beer ever!
You know, if all I had left at my disposal to drink was natty ice (which I wouldn't even drink) and I knew I was going to keep on drinking, I'd rather try to do the same thing he did in hope to give the natty SOME flavor profile than have to drink a whole natty by itself :|.

Old 02-08-2010, 08:02 PM   #670
slowbie
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Raleigh, NC
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

This is my favorite thread on HBT. Fortunately, I've escaped having experiences like this. I went to a small college that was a block away from a microbrewery, and I still live nearby, so most of my friends are at least not shocked by flavor in a beer. They've actually seemed to enjoy my first batch more than I have.