The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 59 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 12-23-2009, 05:16 AM   #581
BBKing

Recipes 

Oct 2009
Canton, IL
Liked 52 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajt012 View Post
I recently got, "I can't taste any alcohol in this. Is there any alcohol in this?"

I really can't remember the last time I tried a beer and thought, "Hmm I can really taste the alcohol."
Haha, thats awesome. I cant either.

As far as I go, I've been pretty lucky when other people try my brew. I've had no negative (or stupid) comments as of yet.

The only thing that has happened is giving my bro and his (now ex) gf a couple pints on our Sunday family dinner...is next week I asked them how they liked it "GREAT!" they said....

We were at their place for dinner on Fathers Day like a month later...I opened up their fridge and lo and behold! Theres my brew, unopened and cold as hell.

I didnt call them on their lie, I just drank the beer

Old 12-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #582
PHBalanced
Recipes 

Dec 2009
Rochester, MN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow, finally made it through the entire thread. Good stuff!

The only real comment I have gotten is "wow, can't really chug this stuff can you? It's more of a sit and enjoy type of beer."

Side Note: I am married to one of those apparently hard to find ladies that enjoys a variety of beers just as much as I do. It's very nice.

Happy Holidays!

Old 12-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #583
mordantly
Recipes 

May 2008
Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

"mmm. thats some tasty head!"

Old 12-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #584
MBasile
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordantly View Post
"mmm. thats some tasty head!"
(thats what she said)

Total gallons in 2012: 10

Old 12-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #585
mordantly
Recipes 

May 2008
Westside..... CenCal - the country that'll never take away my guns or money !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was about a RIS from a friend last night. he seemed to like it.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:37 AM   #586
flaminpi3

Recipes 

Feb 2009
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

This isn't quite a comment, but...I poured a Strawberry Wheat for a friend of mine with a beautiful, fluffy white head (the beer, not my friend) and the first thing she does is slide a finger down the side of her oily nose, sticks it in the beer and starts stirring it around to get rid of the head. It's a good thing I'm not a violent man by nature.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:42 AM   #587
mordantly
Recipes 

May 2008

thats what we call "Death-By-Nose"

Old 12-24-2009, 03:48 AM   #588
DavidSteel
Recipes 

Oct 2009
IL
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminpi3 View Post
This isn't quite a comment, but...I poured a Strawberry Wheat for a friend of mine with a beautiful, fluffy white head (the beer, not my friend) and the first thing she does is slide a finger down the side of her oily nose, sticks it in the beer and starts stirring it around to get rid of the head. It's a good thing I'm not a violent man by nature.
Oh god, I raged

Old 12-24-2009, 04:42 AM   #589
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Boise, ID
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminpi3 View Post
First: Ew.
Second: Really?!?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:26 AM   #590
Hermit
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Alternate Universe
Liked 72 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Up North View Post
You sir are my long lost twin. I HATE it when someone says, "Not Bad." Couldn't you say something more productive like, "This is good and I wasn't expecting to enjoy it." Or just tell me that it is nasty. I am not going to serve something that I think tastes like monkey butt. Now, if I have a lambic and you don't know it is going to be sour, then by god I will explain to you the characteristics, let you know that I am not going to give you a glass, but you can taste. If you like it, we will go from there.

I did that experiment with some Two Buck Chuck at a wine party. I put it into a $120 bottle of wine bottle and told everyone that it was a very expensive bottle, that I only wanted the people that really enjoy wine to try it and if you don't think you are snobby enough then don't drink it. Every one of the people were so freaking high up that they tasted things in it that I didn't even know existed. Here they were waxing poetic under the assumption that the wine was expensive and meanwhile I just sat back and let them have a good time. They even clapped me on the back and thanked me for bringing such a rare and spectacular treat.
Years ago one of the news shows did a feature and I remember a whiskey maker. He decided if he dropped his price, he would have more sales. So, he drops his price, sales go down. So, he raises his price, sales go up. Conclusion? People didn't know a damned thing about whiskey other than they ASS U ME d that the more they paid the better the whiskey.

I was in an art museum in New York. Forget which one. Forget the guy that got rich/famous painting a totally black canvas. It was there. Some guy is closely scrutinizing the thing saying, wait, wait, I think I see something here,.. His wife is saying "It's just BLACK!". My friend is muttering something about the emperor's new clothes.

JohanMk1 Likes This