The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 53 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 10-02-2009, 09:30 PM   #521
DrinksWellWithOthers

Recipes 

May 2008
MA
Liked 27 Times on 25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marius View Post

- Next door girl: No, seriously, How do you get it?

- Me: I've got a bubble maker machine.
Bwahaha! I'm stealing that and using it next time someone asks me the same thing.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:01 AM   #522
porter
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Denver

Took my family to a local microbrew. At some point I grabbed a pitcher of IPA. Very hoppy IPA. The parents wanted to try it, so I poured them a little bit. My dad's comment was "I could make that with some grass clippings in that porta-potty." Needless to say, they didn't like it. I then made the mistake (the second of the day) explaining that it's hops they taste. Now every time I offer my mom a beer she questions whether or not it contains hops.

Old 10-03-2009, 01:46 PM   #523
ODP

Recipes 

Jun 2009
New Braunfels, Texas
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Just smile and say "nope!"

Old 10-03-2009, 02:24 PM   #524
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hercher View Post
my grandmother, who was never bashful with her opinions, shrugged her shoulders and asked, "Isn't all beer just beer?"
The literalist in me wants to say she's absolutely correct

Old 10-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaguitargod View Post
The literalist in me wants to say she's absolutely correct
Yah, its all in the minutia......beer to beer.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 10-03-2009, 05:33 PM   #526
hexmonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Hunterdon County, NJ
Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

not exactly my homebrew, but something I thought was disturbingly stupid at the time considering where I was when I heard it.
SWMBO and I were visiting the Anchor Brewing Company on my honeymoon last year, and during the tasting portion, we were given some of their porter. At this point, we had all had about 3-4 ~8oz taster pours, so everyone was chatting with each other. A girl in the group we were talking to was handed her glass of porter, she took a sip, then said to everyone in a slightly lowered voice:

"Guinness is better."

In my head I was like, WTF? it's not even the same type of beer!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #527
xcap
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Michigan U.P.

Today I got my first "It tasted dark" comment Then found & reqd this entire thread. That coment froma friend who has been considering taking up brewing. Actually liked the brew & the "dark" taste of my Vanilla Cream Ale. It was amusing & a bit ironic to me when T\this thread turned up.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:41 AM   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcap View Post
Today I got my first "It tasted dark" comment Then found & reqd this entire thread. That coment froma friend who has been considering taking up brewing. Actually liked the brew & the "dark" taste of my Vanilla Cream Ale. It was amusing & a bit ironic to me when T\this thread turned up.
That's cool! People who don't know beer and are daring enough to start brewing eventually open up to new beers that they would have never like before. I'm a hophead now. When I started I didn't like hoppy, bitter beers but now they can't ever be too hoppy.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 10-04-2009, 01:55 AM   #529
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcap View Post
Ya, I've gotten that "dark beer" thing throw at me more than a few times.

Old 10-04-2009, 05:06 AM   #530
Pivot

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Fredericton New Brunswick
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

oh my, is that bud and bud light in the background ?!

Reason: reply to picture wayyy earlier with bottles of bud and bud light in the back. heartbreaking