The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 41 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 07-07-2009, 03:53 PM   #401
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyPortion View Post
Wow, he would have fired me after the fire department removed my fist from his mouth.
This is why before letting people try it I say, now if you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to act like you do it won't hurt my feelings, I'll finish if if you don't want it, just don't suffer through it or dump it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataz722 View Post
There is some validity to that actually. Most homebrews have more alcohol and I have had them make me tired before. Some nights if im really tired I have to drink BMC or it will put me to sleep.
So don't make all your beer 6%. You can make a session beer just as Bud can. A nice Mild or a low ABV APA is good to have on hand for casual drinking.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 07-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is why before letting people try it I say, now if you don't like it, that's fine, you don't have to act like you do it won't hurt my feelings, I'll finish if if you don't want it, just don't suffer through it or dump it.
I do the same thing. I give them a little, but I know better than to offer a porter or an IPA to a BMC drinker.

I'll give them lighter PAs or Cream Ales to them.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 07-07-2009, 04:38 PM   #403
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Liked 148 Times on 120 Posts

The other good technique that I use is to offer a very short pour and tell them if they want more to take it. People will not ask for more of what they don't like.

Old 07-08-2009, 03:34 PM   #404
bubbachunk

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Cincinnati
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I had an amusing encounter with a guy at the bar (mind you I am dealing with college kids). He claimed bud light the best beer ever so I disagreed and said I didnt like it because it lacks flavor. So i proceeded to try to explain why it lacks flavor and his only response was "stop using made up words".

I just walked away.

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2009, 03:44 PM   #405
FireBrewer

Recipes 

May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
I had an amusing encounter with a guy at the bar (mind you I am dealing with college kids). He claimed bud light the best beer ever so I disagreed and said I didnt like it because it lacks flavor. So i proceeded to try to explain why it lacks flavor and his only response was "stop using made up words".
You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

People Like This 
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #406
bubbachunk

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Cincinnati
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireBrewer View Post
You can't fight a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.
I know I know but given the college crowd is still very young and impressionable I try like hell to convert them before it is to late. Friends for the most part will take part and educate themselves. My roommates are a prime example, before we started living together they were avid bmc but now for the most part they wont touch the stuff. We make our own "lawnmower" beer that is fairly light for drinking games and such but have better stuff for the other times.

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Old 07-08-2009, 05:04 PM   #407
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5012 Times on 3383 Posts

My friends think everything I make is too bitter. I made a blonde that they didn't like. I was like, WTF? Then I tried a Labatts and remembered how much like soda water some beer can be.

But they like Red Stripe...

Old 07-08-2009, 08:54 PM   #408
r3dn3ckstyl3z
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Brunswick, ME
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I've gotta case of Bud Light bottled in Grolsch bottles for just such an occasion..... I'll drink mine and they can think that they are.. Until i show them the empty cans..... Gotcha b****.

Primary: Air
Secondary:Air
Bottle Conditioning:Imperial Stout

Old 07-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #409
Sanveann
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Michigan

The other day, my husband gave a pale ale to our next-door neighbor. (Her husband was also drinking one and enjoying it.) She said, "It's not bad, but I'm more of a Miller Lite girl."

Old 07-13-2009, 03:43 AM   #410
MBasile
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Just now I was taking a gravity reading of my first batch. After I took the reading, I hesitantly (because I'm not a fan of drinking things that might suck) drank the sample. I took a few sips and it didn't taste too bad (room temp flat beer... yummmm). My mom was in the kitchen talking on the phone and motioned that she wanted to try it (she's not a beer drinker, she only drinks what I tell her to taste) and she pauses on the phone and goes "Oh, it tastes like real beer!"

Total gallons in 2012: 10