The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 30 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2009, 07:33 PM   #291
staffVAJoe
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Stafford, VA
Posts: 207
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts


a quote from SWMBO:
"you are just mixing apple juice with sugar and yeast? will there be any alcohol?"

The answer: maybe a little... ... I'm just trying it to see how it tastes

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #292
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Denny's Evil Concoctions's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Posts: 7,733
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by staffVAJoe View Post
a quote from SWMBO:
"you are just mixing apple juice with sugar and yeast? will there be any alcohol?"

The answer: maybe a little... ... I'm just trying it to see how it tastes
Did you hurt yourself trying not to roll your eyes?
__________________
I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #293
schnauzerhaus
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Posts: 3

Everytime I hand SWMBO a new ready beer to taste...

Sips...sips again...."Ummmmm, it's good..."sips..."I think alot of other people would like it, what's that taste thing everybody likes?"

Me - "Hops"

Her - "Yeah, Hops, people like that.....it's too much for me, don't you have anything I can drink?" ( Meaning PBR or Genny Cream...)

And that's why I make wine for SWMBO.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #294
imaguitargod
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,002
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by schnauzerhaus View Post
Everytime I hand SWMBO a new ready beer to taste...

Sips...sips again...."Ummmmm, it's good..."sips..."I think alot of other people would like it, what's that taste thing everybody likes?"

Me - "Hops"

Her - "Yeah, Hops, people like that.....it's too much for me, don't you have anything I can drink?" ( Meaning PBR or Genny Cream...)

And that's why I make wine for SWMBO.
Gave my father (who has a shovel for taste buds) one of my Pale Ales.

Rich: Ehh....whats that I taste in the backend?
Me: That would be hops.
Rich: Ya those! I don't like hops.
: he tastes a second and third sip and walks off with the bottle :
__________________
Brewer for Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
"I am not an alcoholic, Iím a drunk. An alcoholic means that I have a problem and when I drink all my problems go away."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 PM   #295
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Denny's Evil Concoctions's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Posts: 7,733
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by imaguitargod View Post
Gave my father (who has a shovel for taste buds) one of my Pale Ales.

Rich: Ehh....whats that I taste in the backend?
Me: That would be hops.
Rich: Ya those! I don't like hops.
: he tastes a second and third sip and walks off with the bottle :
His tounge has now been infected by the Hops Retrovirus and he will never be able to drink another BMC ever again.
__________________
I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:53 PM   #296
imaguitargod
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Posts: 1,002
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Evil Concoctions View Post
His tounge has now been infected by the Hops Retrovirus and he will never be able to drink another BMC ever again.
HA! I wish that was true. I've been having him taste good beer for the past year and he only liked one of them (a chocolate bock). His palate has only improved a total of 2% in that time....
__________________
Brewer for Hoppin' Frog Brewery.
"I am not an alcoholic, Iím a drunk. An alcoholic means that I have a problem and when I drink all my problems go away."

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:14 AM   #297
DeathBrewer
Maniacally Malty
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
DeathBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2007
Oakland, CA
Posts: 21,790
Liked 269 Times on 134 Posts


MOST people that drink BMC are not going to be able to handle stouts, pale ales, IPAs, etc. NOTHING with big, bold flavors.

If you really want to get someone into good beer, start with some nice german lagers, cream ales, light-flavored hefeweizens, etc.

Otherwise, you're just wasting beer.
__________________
Easy Partial Mash Brewing - Stovetop All-Grain Brewing

"Death is always with us." - Brewpastor

Quote:
DIAICYLF
We will remember...

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:47 AM   #298
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Denny's Evil Concoctions's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Posts: 7,733
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts


Nah, I prefer to force them to drink a pint of Dark strong Belgian or IIPA. I figure that will really mess with there taste buds. And by forcing them to finish the pint I get even for them attempting to waste my beer.

I have a rule. Once your lips touch the glass, you finish it or I kick you in the balls.
__________________
I may not be an expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express........ 6 months ago.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:51 AM   #299
humann_brewing
More Humann than human
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
humann_brewing's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
the sun
Posts: 15,535
Liked 329 Times on 325 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Evil Concoctions View Post
Nah, I prefer to force them to drink a pint of Dark strong Belgian or IIPA. I figure that will really mess with there taste buds. And by forcing them to finish the pint I get even for them attempting to waste my beer.

I have a rule. Once your lips touch the glass, you finish it or I kick you in the balls.
Remind me not to come over to your place

 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #300
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
IrregularPulse's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2007
Posts: 51,446
Liked 3511 Times on 3325 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by humann_brewing View Post
Remind me not to come over to your place
Unless you make really good beer! or at least have SMALL tasting cups.
__________________
Tap Room Hobo

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump