The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 250 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 01-07-2013, 06:51 PM   #2491
paulster2626

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Ontario, Canada
Liked 337 Times on 226 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Ahhh with a capital B I see it now. It is a shame I will never obtain that at this rate because currently I don't like American light lagers, the same way some people don't like IPAs I guess. I do thank you though kind sir for wishing me luck, but as I don't enjoy them, I won't be brewing one any time soon. Maybe if my palate changes in a few years I will get into them though, who knows, so thanks for the wish of luck.

Anyway back on topic since we dropped that whole thing already...

My brother during a mash," it doesn't really smell like beer"
No worries I hate them too, but friends like it so I make it. All part of being a Brewer, I suppose. Best of luck.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:44 PM   #2492
justkev52

Recipes 

Feb 2011
West Valley City, Utah
Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by msa8967 View Post
If you get this reply again mention that it is made with peyote hops that can only be grown on reservations due to US patent laws. (Sorry for the mispelling).
I like this one :-)

Old 01-12-2013, 02:10 AM   #2493
BudzAndSudz
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Boulder, Co
Liked 33 Times on 32 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halbrust View Post
I'd rather drink cooled wort than anything. It's delicious!!!!
More than actual beer?

Old 01-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #2494
Bamsdealer
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Collegeville, Pa
Liked 44 Times on 41 Posts

My fresh hopped cascade ipa. "What, is this supposed to be like grapefruit juice or something?" Me "yeah... thats exactly what I was aiming for". Him "im not a fan of grapefriut juice. Too bitter"

Hey, at least he got some grapefruit notes and bitterness from the loads of fresh cascade. Got to give him a little credit.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 01:54 PM   #2495
Aunt_Ester
Recipes 

Jul 2011
Charlottesville, Virginia
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew

Ah yes, I've gotten the moonshine comments from people after seeing my (old) copper coil IC. Although, it did look a bit more suspicious than it really was...
I was arrested at college for this very thing. I lived on campus-assisted housing, and while i was out, the fire marshall came by to inspect my place. He reported to the police chief that I had stillage equipment. When I arrived home, I had seven policemen in my home and the chief of police was in my doorway (very small town). He greeted me with: "How long you been stilling in here?"

It took me 40 minutes with the help of an ABC agent and a northern brewer catalogue that my wife (then girlfriend) was nice enough to bring to the station to convince the chief to let me go and drop the charges.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #2496
MotorcycleMatt
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Charleston, SC
Liked 61 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt_Ester View Post

I was arrested at college for this very thing. I lived on campus-assisted housing, and while i was out, the fire marshall came by to inspect my place. He reported to the police chief that I had stillage equipment. When I arrived home, I had seven policemen in my home and the chief of police was in my doorway (very small town). He greeted me with: "How long you been stilling in here?"

It took me 40 minutes with the help of an ABC agent and a northern brewer catalogue that my wife (then girlfriend) was nice enough to bring to the station to convince the chief to let me go and drop the charges.
Some people are just stupid. I mean really, my keggle and ic look nothing like a still, it has a freaking hose adaptor on it.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-12-2013, 06:17 PM   #2497
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Liked 223 Times on 159 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt_Ester View Post

Wow. That is some monumental ignorance! Glad you got out of that one OK.
1. Oatmeal Stout 2. Oatmeal Stout 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. none 3. none 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 28 gallons of beer & 2.5 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Rye Barrel aged DIPA, Helles, Kentucky Common

Current batch #: 227

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #2498
metanoia
Recipes 

Oct 2012
Dearborn Heights, Michigan
Liked 65 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Dog View Post
Wow that is gross like adding water to Scotch.
I'm slowly working my way through the beginnings of this thread from 5 years ago, but this quote right here goes to show the hypocrisy in a lot of these remarks about others being "uneducated" about beer.

Right here his Chris_Dog guy shows that he knows nothing about scotch, yet acts like he does. Maybe he just drinks Lauder's or something just as crappy, but it's very common for quality scotch drinkers to cut their scotch with water, which helps bring out the aromatics of the whiskey, along with a few other benefits.

Thinking about racking to a secondary? Read this first.

Old 01-15-2013, 01:38 AM   #2499
jasonsbeer

Recipes 

Jul 2009
Central Iowa
Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts

I cut my whiskey with Coca-Cola.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-15-2013, 03:22 AM   #2500
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

I farted

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

People Like This