The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 248 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 06:54 PM   #2471
newb
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Posts: 165
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts


PM sent

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 PM   #2472
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,443
Liked 223 Times on 159 Posts


"Uhhh....so....can you use this thing to make whiskey?"

about my brew rig
__________________
On tap:
1. American Pale Ale 2. Michigan IPL 3. Helles 4. Kentucky Common 5.[Nitrogen] Oat Blonde
Primary:
1. Oatmeal Stout 2. Oatmeal Stout 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. none 3. none 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 28 gallons of beer & 2.5 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Rye Barrel aged DIPA, Helles, Kentucky Common

Current batch #: 227

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #2473
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
 
Billy-Klubb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Posts: 11,618
Liked 5916 Times on 3477 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew View Post
"Uhhh....so....can you use this thing to make whiskey?"

about my brew rig
I've heard that too, but about my wort chiller. I've also heard about the chiller, "And that's what you use to put the alcohol in your beer?"
__________________
There is a difference between pride and arrogance. Which do you hold in your heart?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen Williams View Post
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #2474
newb
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Posts: 165
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts


My father when I dumped spent grain in my backyard for the deer, "man those deer are gonna catch a nice buzz huh?"

Fizzycist Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #2475
onthekeg
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Posts: 1,786
Liked 83 Times on 65 Posts


My buddy as he was brewing with me:

Can we drink this tonight after it cools?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #2476
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,443
Liked 223 Times on 159 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
I've heard that too, but about my wort chiller. I've also heard about the chiller, "And that's what you use to put the alcohol in your beer?"
Ah yes, I've gotten the moonshine comments from people after seeing my (old) copper coil IC. Although, it did look a bit more suspicious than it really was...
__________________
On tap:
1. American Pale Ale 2. Michigan IPL 3. Helles 4. Kentucky Common 5.[Nitrogen] Oat Blonde
Primary:
1. Oatmeal Stout 2. Oatmeal Stout 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. none 3. none 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 28 gallons of beer & 2.5 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Rye Barrel aged DIPA, Helles, Kentucky Common

Current batch #: 227

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #2477
ArcticBear
 
ArcticBear's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Branford, CT
Posts: 649
Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts


As i was brewing outside one day, a neighbor walks up and introduces themselves,

Neighbor: " hey so whatcha making?"
Me: just brewing a little beer
Neighbor: " oh yeah? This is a crazy looking setup you've got here"
(i brew AG but i was flushing out all my hoses and plate chiller)
Me: yeah it looks a lot more complicated than it is, its actually a prety simply setup
Neighbor; " yeah, i mean it looks like you could be making meth and stuff with all these hoses and pots"
Me: ha ha, yeah i get that a lot, looks like it could be sometig illegal, but its just for beer ha ha
Neighbor: " yeah well you know, i mean, if it was meth, i wouldnt mind at all"

::::awkward silence ::::

At that point i just made it out i was super busy and couldnt talk much, didnt feel like going down that road

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:20 AM   #2478
newb
Recipes 
 
May 2011
Posts: 165
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcticBear
As i was brewing outside one day, a neighbor walks up and introduces themselves,

Neighbor: " hey so whatcha making?"
Me: just brewing a little beer
Neighbor: " oh yeah? This is a crazy looking setup you've got here"
(i brew AG but i was flushing out all my hoses and plate chiller)
Me: yeah it looks a lot more complicated than it is, its actually a prety simply setup
Neighbor; " yeah, i mean it looks like you could be making meth and stuff with all these hoses and pots"
Me: ha ha, yeah i get that a lot, looks like it could be sometig illegal, but its just for beer ha ha
Neighbor: " yeah well you know, i mean, if it was meth, i wouldnt mind at all"

::::awkward silence ::::

At that point i just made it out i was super busy and couldnt talk much, didnt feel like going down that road
You can probably thank breaking bad for the new found popularity for meth making haha since that show's debut I get these comments more and more.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:41 AM   #2479
Tiber_Brew
It's about the beer.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Tiber_Brew's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Upper Peninsula, Michigan
Posts: 2,443
Liked 223 Times on 159 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
You can probably thank breaking bad for the new found popularity for meth making haha since that show's debut I get these comments more and more.
I'm told I need to watch that show. I don't need to get addicted to anything else. The show I mean. Not meth.
__________________
On tap:
1. American Pale Ale 2. Michigan IPL 3. Helles 4. Kentucky Common 5.[Nitrogen] Oat Blonde
Primary:
1. Oatmeal Stout 2. Oatmeal Stout 3. none 4. none 5. none 6. none
Secondary:
1. Brett Ale 2. none 3. none 4. none 5. none
Bottled:
About 28 gallons of beer & 2.5 gallons of mead
Kegged & conditioning:
Rye Barrel aged DIPA, Helles, Kentucky Common

Current batch #: 227

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:55 AM   #2480
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,792
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiber_Brew

I'm told I need to watch that show. I don't need to get addicted to anything else. The show I mean. Not meth.
It's probably the best (fiction) show on TV right now, and I say that without even the slightest exaggeration. There's only 8 episodes left (airing in the summer), and past seasons have been relatively short, so getting "addicted" really isn't much of an issue.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump