The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 241 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 01-02-2013, 04:42 AM   #2401
dawgmatic

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Don't waste your breath. Every single time people are told that the ridiculous comment is actually a legitimate off-flavor observation, they respond by assuring everyone that their beer was absolutely flawless.
Ohh, its most definitely flawless... Quite possibly the greatest beer in the whole world. Im seriously considering opening a brewery cause its that good, does anyone want to invest in me?

On a serious note, she does eat everything with lime juice on it so I suspected her taste buds could be off. Nevertheless I will continue to 'investigate'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
People's brains are interesting....and tasty too.

(See what I did tthere? ;))

Old 01-02-2013, 05:00 AM   #2402
Raenon

Recipes 

Jan 2012
York, PA
Liked 76 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post

Don't waste your breath. Every single time people are told that the ridiculous comment is actually a legitimate off-flavor observation, they respond by assuring everyone that their beer was absolutely flawless.
Brought a Scottish strong to a party this summer and someone mentioned bananas... I kinda snorted at it. Then, for the first time I tasted the banana and it became almost overpowering now that I knew it was there. Guess I fermented too warm after all...
My point being that the brewer sometimes misses their mistake until its pointed out by a third party.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #2403
tennesseean_87

Recipes 

Aug 2011
Bismarck, ND
Liked 137 Times on 100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmfree View Post
The other half? Violence.
Lessons learned from G. I. Joe. I am the man I am today because of those Saturday morning cartoons.
#8 Corks in Belgian Bottles Hold Carbonation
Increasing Pipeline Diversity
Drinking: Irish Red, Hoppy Brown, Belgian Export Stout, Oktoberfest, Dubbel
Fermenting: Belgian Saison, Session Steam(ish)
On Deck: Pilsner/Schwarzbier split batch, Berliner Weiss? White IPA?

Youtube Channel on Homebrewing ::: Youtube Channel on Pipe Smoking

Old 01-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #2404
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseean_87 View Post
Lessons learned from G. I. Joe. I am the man I am today because of those Saturday morning cartoons.
Boom boom bop, love to eat cereal when I'm watching my cartoons. (LYRICS NSFW) All about old Satuday morning cartoons. Murs is the man.

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #2405
newb
Recipes 

May 2011
Liked 27 Times on 16 Posts

My brother last week: after tasting a belgian white, could you make a light beer? I think most people probably drink light beer now

Me: well I think most people are idiots, I'm assuming by light beer you mean like bud light? Dude I'm not making watered down horse, urine I drink beer for taste not to drink 15...

I wouldn't have been so rude about it to anyone else, but this was coming from my own brother who I thought I had taught better. We also just are very Blunt with each other all the time anyway haha we never sugar coated anything at our house growing up. Besides who drinks a Belgian white and need something "lighter??"

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 01-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #2406
Getzinator

Recipes 

Apr 2012
Wilmington, De
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
My brother last week: could you make a light beer? I think most people probably drink light beer now

Me: well I think most people are idiots, I'm assuming by light beer you mean like bud light? Dude I'm not making horse, urine I drink beer for taste not to drink 15...

I wouldn't have been so rude about it to anyone else, but this was coming from my own brother who I thought I had taught better. We also just are very Blunt with each other all the time anyway haha we never sugar coated anything at our house growing up
I actually made an American Light Ale for my wife last year. It was delicious! The biggest positive was that it showed her how bad the BMC's were in comparrison. From there her taste for beer has only grown.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #2407
newb
Recipes 

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzinator

I actually made an American Light Ale for my wife last year. It was delicious! The biggest positive was that it showed her how bad the BMC's were in comparrison. From there her taste for beer has only grown.
Ya know I'm not really against American light - the style, and that is actually a really good idea I should try on him. I just took this comment as him basically asking me to do a bud light clone since he never buys anything else. I always thought it was just because he was cheap.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #2408
TyTanium
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Liked 556 Times on 391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I also didn't consider the fact that if I do an American light I won't be using all the crap that makes it so cheap, so yeah I guess it probably still has potential to taste pretty good
Like what, specifically? What makes them so cheap is incredible efficiency and scale. Pabst, Miller and Coors took gold, silver and bronze at GABF this year.

Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM   #2409
newb
Recipes 

May 2011

Just not worth it

Old 01-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #2410
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

In real life, when I can feel an argument breaking out for no reason over a topic as not-argument-worthy as beer I am often tempted to cut a loud, noxious fart.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

BudzAndSudz Likes This