The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 240 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #2391
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo
My sister said my English Winter Ale Smelled and tasted like Yuengling. Ignoring the Lager vs Ale side of it. THERE'S NO CORN IN MY BEER!!! AGGGGGGH
Maybe not, but there could be DMS which smells an awful lot like corn from a tin can. Not saying there is or isn't.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM   #2392
hoppyhoppyhippo
 
hoppyhoppyhippo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 2,707
Liked 409 Times on 334 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Maybe not, but there could be DMS which smells an awful lot like corn from a tin can. Not saying there is or isn't.
In this case there isn't, the only nose you get from the beer is a very nice Kent Goldings hoppiness and a bit of maltiness. She's litereally the only one who thinks that, but then again, she really only likes fruity beers so maybe all mid-strength ales and lagers that aren't fruity taste the same to her.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #2393
Getzinator
 
Getzinator's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Wilmington, De
Posts: 363
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyhoppyhippo View Post
My sister said my English Winter Ale Smelled and tasted like Yuengling. Ignoring the Lager vs Ale side of it. THERE'S NO CORN IN MY BEER!!! AGGGGGGH
I don't know about you, but I happen to think Yuengling is pretty tasty. While she was probably completely wrong, I would take it as a compliment.
__________________
My spoon is TOO big.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:34 PM   #2394
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
estricklin's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Oppelo, Arkansas
Posts: 1,945
Liked 290 Times on 225 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzinator View Post
I don't know about you, but I happen to think Yuengling is pretty tasty. While she was probably completely wrong, I would take it as a compliment.
I agree, can't get it here in AR so that makes it even tastier to me, cuz I know when I go to Memphis I'm gonna get a case.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #2395
Getzinator
 
Getzinator's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2012
Wilmington, De
Posts: 363
Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by estricklin View Post
I agree, can't get it here in AR so that makes it even tastier to me, cuz I know when I go to Memphis I'm gonna get a case.
I didn't even think it was distro'd that far out. I'm lucky to be relatively close to the brewery.
__________________
My spoon is TOO big.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #2396
dawgmatic
 
dawgmatic's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2011
Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 518
Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts


My younger brothers girlfriend tried a schwartzbier of mine and the first thing that she said was that it tasted like soy sauce.

No one agreed with her, but I do appreciate the comment. It was certainly the most random thing I've heard said about my brew
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
People's brains are interesting....and tasty too.

(See what I did tthere? ;))

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #2397
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgmatic
My younger brothers girlfriend tried a schwartzbier of mine and the first thing that she said was that it tasted like soy sauce.

No one agreed with her, but I do appreciate the comment. It was certainly the most random thing I've heard said about my brew
Man I've tried all kinds of soy sauce beers. It can happen sometimes with dark malts. A guy at the brew club brought in one that tasted like straight Kikkoman. It might not be strong, but I would give it to her.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:15 AM   #2398
emjay
 
emjay's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 12,794
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post

Man I've tried all kinds of soy sauce beers. It can happen sometimes with dark malts. A guy at the brew club brought in one that tasted like straight Kikkoman. It might not be strong, but I would give it to her.
Don't waste your breath. Every single time people are told that the ridiculous comment is actually a legitimate off-flavor observation, they respond by assuring everyone that their beer was absolutely flawless.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #2399
Whippy
 
Whippy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Irmo, South Carolina, USA
Posts: 606
Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts


"Did you make that label yourself?" (concerning a homebrew bottled in a Sierra Nevada Torpedo bottle.. lol
__________________
Two weeks to ferment, two more in the kegs
but in just one night it was drained to the dregs

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:22 AM   #2400
bottlebomber
 
bottlebomber's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

Don't waste your breath. Every single time people are told that the ridiculous comment is actually a legitimate off-flavor observation, they respond by assuring everyone that their beer was absolutely flawless.
Troo
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1248801601.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	91707  

Pommy Likes This 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump