The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 24 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 01-18-2009, 12:58 AM   #231
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
I find this to be most annoying from people who think they know beer and spout something utterly false as factual information.

My absolute favorite comment is "Porters are made from the stuff off the bottom of the barrel"

They think anything dark is from the sludge at bottom of a barrel.

It has a possibility of being true if they harvested the yeast or may have poured fresh wort onto a yeast cake. But how likely would they have known that, much less understood why?

Not a chance! Arrrghhh!!
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

Old 01-18-2009, 02:13 AM   #232

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaguitargod View Post
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.
Here's another...

Never underestimate the danger of crowd of stupid people.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 01-18-2009, 03:10 AM   #233
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
Here's another...

Never underestimate the danger of crowd of stupid people.
Just slowly back out, try not to make eye contact, and don't make any suden movements......

Old 01-18-2009, 03:17 AM   #234
ChshreCat

Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 539 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
They're pretty country, but what i like to call High Class/High-Tech hillbilly. I mean this with utmost respect. Old country boys who are very well educated and skilled and opened minded about everything.
Those are "Good ol' boys". I alway tell people the difference between good ol' boys and rednecks is that good ol' boys raise livestock. Rednecks get romantically involved.

People Like This 
Old 01-19-2009, 02:35 PM   #235
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3412 Times on 3251 Posts

Oh yes, they're definitely Good Ole Boys.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:01 AM   #236
nibiyabi
Recipes 

Feb 2009
Santa Clara University

"Tastes just like beer" is one I got a half dozen times for my first batch.
Primary #1: empty
Primary #2: Old Greg's Honey Stout (brewed 2009.03.20)
Secondary #1: Old Greg's Apfelwein (modified) (made 2009.03.20)
Secondary #2: Old Greg's Apfelwein (made 2009.03.05)
Keg #1: Old Greg's American IPA (brewed 2009.02.20 // secondaried 2009.02.28 // kegged 2009.03.07 // tapped 2009.03.30)
Keg #2: Old Greg's Chocolate Hazelnut Porter (brewed 2009.03.06 // kegged 2009.03.30)

RIP: Old Greg's Classic Beer Pong Ale (2009.02.27 - 2009.03.06)

Old 03-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #237
FireBrewer

Recipes 

May 2007
Fallston, MD
Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts

Last year my LHBC had a competition, style 5...I brewed a Maibock. So at the meeting I was pouring a growler and I heard one guy remark to another "not enough caramel...I like caramel in a Maibock". Of course, Style 5A says "little to no caramelization".

I won the comp with it and later took 2nd BOS in a local comp.

Everyone has different tastes, but at least know what the **** you're talking about.

Old 03-10-2009, 05:21 PM   #238
RedIrocZ-28

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Liked 29 Times on 22 Posts

The other night I brought over 4 beers to a buddies house and left them there because he was drinking his stuff. I brought over admittedly not one of my best beers (The awful, to me, extract RIS I made like 2 months ago.) and I brought over one of my proudest beers.

I called him a week and a half later and asked him what he thought honestly. He told me they, "just tasted old. I don't know how else to describe it, not to knock your brewing, they were just old beers." Yeah they were old alright, neither of them were even brewed 4 months ago. And No, before anyone asks, they do not taste green at all anymore. I've sampled from each batch, heavily .

He is a devout Coors Light drinker. So that pretty much explains it. Rice hulls and Beech chips = beer to some.

Guess who is not getting any more HB?

Old 03-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #239
llazy_llama

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Rapid City, South Dakota
Liked 90 Times on 28 Posts

I gave a 6'er of Hefe Weizen to three buddies from work who I thought were beer snobs. Two of them gave me really positive comments, intelligent feedback, and asked for more.

One of them described it as "kind of cloudy and yeasty."

Guess which one doesn't get homebrew anymore.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:26 PM   #240
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Minnesota
Liked 61 Times on 54 Posts

After a keg of my brown was emptied:
Him: Wow, your beer is really good, I don't think I've had one of your beers that I didn't like.... who knew you could brew homebrew that tasted good...
Me: (inside my head... WTF???)
Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty