The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 232 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 10-25-2012, 03:12 AM   #2311
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Alright, so my buddies wife is out of town for a few weeks, it's rainy, and we decided to have him over for supper to get him out of the house. This guys favorite beers are Racer 5 and Hop Stoopid. He brews with me! He has two kits sitting in my garage! I had bottled some of my Citra pale ale into some Corona Especial 32's, and I got one out and poured us each a pint from it. He takes a pungent, palate obliterating sip from his glass and says "I love this Corona! I used to get these all the time!". My wife caught on real quick and we exchanged a glance. Neither of us said a word. Now I am wondering if it's just the power of the placebo, or if I've been wasting really good beer on this guy!

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 03:16 AM   #2312
estricklin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2012
Oppelo, Arkansas
Liked 305 Times on 236 Posts

I handed someone a Canadian Pale Ale once and she said "sorry I don't like dark beer", I replied that it was "ok".

Old 10-25-2012, 03:26 AM   #2313
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber
Alright, so my buddies wife is out of town for a few weeks, it's rainy, and we decided to have him over for supper to get him out of the house. This guys favorite beers are Racer 5 and Hop Stoopid. He brews with me! He has two kits sitting in my garage! I had bottled some of my Citra pale ale into some Corona Especial 32's, and I got one out and poured us each a pint from it. He takes a pungent, palate obliterating sip from his glass and says "I love this Corona! I used to get these all the time!". My wife caught on real quick and we exchanged a glance. Neither of us said a word. Now I am wondering if it's just the power of the placebo, or if I've been wasting really good beer on this guy!
Sounds like he just likes the beer and doesn't quite remember what Corona actually tastes like.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:58 AM   #2314
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay

Sounds like he just likes the beer and doesn't quite remember what Corona actually tastes like.
I'm hoping you're right. It was still funny though. For 2.99 a quart I'd be buying it all day long if it tasted like that.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #2315
Whattawort

Recipes 

Aug 2012
East Bumfark, Yonder
Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
It's the power of suggestion taking part on an open mind.

“For a quart of Ale is a dish for a king.”
― William Shakespeare

Old 10-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #2316
Husher
Recipes 

Jul 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whattawort View Post
It's the power of suggestion taking part on an open mind.
I'm not so certain it works on everyone. When I was a kid I used to work at a coffee shop (damn seniors always in a rush to sit and do nothing in the food court). anyways.

Sometimes things would get busy and you've give someone Irish cream instead of whatever flavoured coffee they ordered. They'd come back in 5 minutes swearing that you put drain-o in their coffee. There was nothing wrong with the coffee, it's just they completely rejected it because it was inconsistent with what they were expecting. And thus, they freaked.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 10-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #2317
caioz1jp
Recipes 

Jun 2012
St. Clair Shores, Michigan
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

My favorite is when people say, "Its like a *insert beer description*-er New Castle."

Also I love when peoole say they can really taste something that just isn't there.

Finally I just love telling people the wrong ABV% and watch them "frunk" the whole night. Frunk was our high school term for people who would exagerate being hammered.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:03 AM   #2318
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioz1jp
Finally I just love telling people the wrong ABV% and watch them "frunk" the whole night. Frunk was our high school term for people who would exagerate being hammered.
Huh.. Reminds me of the "Pretendica" that some of the freshmen kids thought they got high off of.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:39 AM   #2319
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 267 Times on 228 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caioz1jp View Post
Finally I just love telling people the wrong ABV% and watch them "frunk" the whole night.
my neighbor loves my brew, and especially dark brews. i usually have jamil's dark mild (3.7%) on tap. i mess with his head every time telling him it's strong and to be careful. he usually drinks shiner bock when not drinking mine. i always laugh when he staggers off after drinking 3 or 4 of mine he can drink shiner bock nonstop for hours

People Like This 
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #2320
EineProsit

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Taylorsville, NC, NC
Liked 30 Times on 24 Posts

Today I allowed my boss to sample an Apple pie ale today.
After he drank a small cup of the stuff he said " That's really good but I'm mosrly into lagers and ales".