The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 231 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 10-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #2301
bottlebomber
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok

I am pretty sure he would figure this one out!
Pour it into a brown bottle.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 10-22-2012, 03:29 PM   #2302
tennesseean_87
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Bismarck, ND
Liked 134 Times on 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok View Post
Meh. He just recently turned 21 so I am trying to ween him off the piss water. We are actually pretty close and are just asses to each other. In a brotherly love fashion. I am pretty sure the Amber will actually change his mind even if he doesn't end up openly admitting it.

I was expecting guffaws from my gaming group last night that I fed the stout too based on the bias against home brew but I actually had two guys call it the "best beer the have ever had".
Have you read about love languages? I am convinced that there is a category missing in all the writing out there. My brothers and I all give and receive love in the language of hate.
#8 Corks in Belgian Bottles Hold Carbonation
Increasing Pipeline Diversity
Drinking: Irish Red, Hoppy Brown, Belgian Export Stout, Oktoberfest, Dubbel
Fermenting: Belgian Saison, Session Steam(ish)
On Deck: Pilsner/Schwarzbier split batch, Berliner Weiss? White IPA?

Youtube Channel on Homebrewing ::: Youtube Channel on Pipe Smoking

Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #2303
drchris83
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmind

Funny, I know several Germans who love Budweiser.

I just got back from Eppelheim and my new favorite beer is weis/pils.
I realize this post is long dead and gone, but I feel like I have to respond. Budweiser ans Bud are NOT, I repeat: NOT the same thing. As a matter of fact, there still is a brewery in Budweis/Budvar in operation, and they make actual honest-to-god beer that tastes great and is not in any way related to the malt derived piss that is commonly known as Bud. The brewery being located in Budweis/Budvar, they call their beer Budweiser (as they habe been doing for centuries).

Old 10-23-2012, 11:42 AM   #2304
DisturbdChemist
I'm drunk 60% of the time, all the time!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Between-the-keggerator-and-the-couch, TX
Liked 2796 Times on 1902 Posts

I believe anhieser bought that little brewery out a little while ago. I might be wrong though

Twitter: @dcp006 - Ambidextrous Drinker
Untappd: BiggTexx

Old 10-23-2012, 12:45 PM   #2305
stratslinger
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Terryville, CT
Liked 204 Times on 170 Posts

A buddy of mine just came back from an extended stint working in Germany and he confirmed that the Budweiser consumed there is definitely a different (and far superior) product to the Bud we see here in the US. Now, Inbev could still be involved there, I don't know. But there's no question the product is different.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #2306
day_trippr
Recipes 

May 2011
Stow, MA
Liked 2923 Times on 2182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratslinger View Post
A buddy of mine just came back from an extended stint working in Germany and he confirmed that the Budweiser consumed there is definitely a different (and far superior) product to the Bud we see here in the US. Now, Inbev could still be involved there, I don't know. But there's no question the product is different.
I doubt the German beer "purity" laws would allow adjunct brews like Bud made in the States. Take out all that rice and corn and of course the beer will be different...

Cheers!

Old 10-23-2012, 01:50 PM   #2307
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
North Liberty, Iowa
Liked 106 Times on 85 Posts

I read through the last several pages of this thread and found them to be very funny. I hope this thread continues because it really lifted my spirits just know.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 10-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #2308
drchris83
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by day_trippr

I doubt the German beer "purity" laws would allow adjunct brews like Bud made in the States. Take out all that rice and corn and of course the beer will be different...

Cheers!
Budweis/Budvar is in the Czech Republic (large areas of the country used to have a considerable German population pre-war, therefore the name in German and in Czech), German purity laws don't apply there. I believe that THE purity law is not even legally binding any more (hence the availability of Roggenbier and Dinkelbier in Germany), but it's commonly believed it is, commonly overmystified and commonly misunderstood (even here on HBT), but putting "brewed according to the purity laws" on the label makes for great marketing.

Old 10-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #2309
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 404 Times on 319 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchris83 View Post
Budweis/Budvar is in the Czech Republic (large areas of the country used to have a considerable German population pre-war, therefore the name in German and in Czech), German purity laws don't apply there. I believe that THE purity law is not even legally binding any more (hence the availability of Roggenbier and Dinkelbier in Germany), but it's commonly believed it is, commonly overmystified and commonly misunderstood (even here on HBT), but putting "brewed according to the purity laws" on the label makes for great marketing.
The Bud from Ceske Budejovice is awesome. You can fight it here in the states as Czechvar due to the legal battle between its brewery and Anheuser Busch. Interesting little story behind it.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123801865666341507.html
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 10-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #2310
EnjoyGoodBeer
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Rockford, Illinois
Liked 16 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofgrok
My brother last night trying my new stout: "This is disgusting"
Me: "Ok. Let me get you a Guinness" (I don't have guinness in the house. I actually poured him another of the exact same home brew stout)
Brother: "See? now this is a good beer"
Lol good one. A bit on the troll side, but We'll see when you let hime know you were just f-ing with him.