The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 23 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 01-16-2009, 06:00 AM   #221
Nickeldeposit
Recipes 

Jan 2009
Ames, Iowa
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

"I dont know that really has alot of flavor" Ummmm ok heres a glass of tap water insted.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #222
Stef1966
Recipes 

Nov 2008
Quebec, Canada
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boerderij_Kabouter View Post
It isn't the lack of knowledge that bothers me, but the complete aversion to new things and different experiences. That is what makes an idiot to me.
My thoughts exactly, I can understand people not wanting to try completely radical things like bungee jumping or eating a worm or something this extreme, but trying a new style of beer, or listening to some instrumental music for a change instead of this soul less machine made "Boom Boom" they always listen to, or a new kind of food or whatever...

For me it indicates a very close minded person right there, and i feel i cant really connect with completely close minded individuals.

Could Home brew be used as some kind of a personality test?

I'll drink to that...

Old 01-16-2009, 01:17 PM   #223
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Ohio
Liked 62 Times on 54 Posts

It wasn't a beer that I made, but a few months back at a poker game at my house I had some Ruination in the fridge. One of the guys at the game who is a hardcore High Life drinker poured himself a Ruination and after 1 drink he made the 'Bitter Beer Face' and exclaimed "Man, that's like drinking weeds... that's nasty".

I literally fell out of my chair laughing.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #224
Penguin
Recipes 

Jun 2008
odessa, tx

my older sister. an avid party pooper and budweiser drinker. after a german ale.....thats ganky tasting! ????

Old 01-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #225
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3410 Times on 3250 Posts

I have to give credit to my step dad's family Busch drinking guys when trying my beers. I get "that has good flavor! I'd probably like it better if trying it before drinking a few Busch's". They're pretty country, but what i like to call High Class/High-Tech hillbilly. I mean this with utmost respect. Old country boys who are very well educated and skilled and opened minded about everything.
I also have one buddy who I get the dark comment quite often. But I cut him alot of slack because he is really trying to educate himself and is getting into beer. Let's face it though, "DARK" is the very common to the beer beginner. So when he says I like that dark beer, referring to an amber or brown", I explain the style so he has a better vocabulary. Sometimes Dark is used because they just don't know Stout, Porter, Brown Ale, and other lingo.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 01-16-2009, 09:44 PM   #226
Jim Karr

Recipes 

Dec 2005
SW Michigan..Bangor/Covert area
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

"Man, that's like drinking weeds... that's nasty".

What a great quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"God is great, beer is good, people are crazy." Some country artist

Old 01-16-2009, 10:14 PM   #227
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Karr View Post
"Man, that's like drinking weeds... that's nasty".

What a great quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you punch him in the face? NO ONE EVER INSULTS THE RUINATION!
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 01-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #228
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Ohio
Liked 62 Times on 54 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
Did you punch him in the face? NO ONE EVER INSULTS THE RUINATION!

Maybe I should have, but I was too busy laughing my ass off.

Old 01-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #229
MoRoToRiUm
Recipes 

Jun 2008
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

WTF is "heavy"? You mean it's thick and actually has substance compared to the pi$$ beer you usually drink? And it's supposed to be nutty; my special ingredient

Now stop wasting my good home brew!

Old 01-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriznac View Post
Recently when telling a friend that I started making homebrew he told me that he has always heard that the first few batches are no good. What? That's like saying the first cake you ever bake will be trash. Apparently he didn't think there could actually be beer recipes out there and people who know what they are doing.

He asked what type of beer I will make. I said, "Pretty much all kinds except IPA because I'm not a fan of super hoppy beers." He then proceeded to tell me that IPA's taste the way they do because it's the leftovers from various kegs all mixed together!! I couldn't believe it, sometimes I wish people just pull their head out of their a** and think before they talk.
I find this to be most annoying from people who think they know beer and spout something utterly false as factual information.

My absolute favorite comment is "Porters are made from the stuff off the bottom of the barrel"

They think anything dark is from the sludge at bottom of a barrel.

It has a possibility of being true if they harvested the yeast or may have poured fresh wort onto a yeast cake. But how likely would they have known that, much less understood why?

Not a chance! Arrrghhh!!

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|