The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 199 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 06-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #1981
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennesseean_87 View Post
Wife: You look at it lovingly and adoringly and longingly. I wish you'd look at me that way.
Me: If you had a bubbling airlock I would.
Feed her a meal of hummus and black coffee and she will

People Like This 
Old 06-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #1982
wSelwyn

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Ferndale, Michigan
Liked 20 Times on 16 Posts

Them: *Picks up a bottle labeled "Two Hearted", Opens. Takes a swig*
"God, I've missed this beer. This whole summer, I have been without anything hoppy."

Me: "That's a hefeweizen. I didn't bother removing the label on that one."
Them: "What's a hoof-a-...what?"
*Silence*
Them: "Whatever, it's hoppy and I like it."

*facepalm*

philrose Likes This 
Old 06-16-2012, 07:15 AM   #1983
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wSelwyn
"God, I've missed this beer. This whole summer, I have been without anything hoppy."

*Silence*

*facepalm*
The placebo beer! The mind is powerful!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #1984
Majafoo
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Airdrie, AB, Canada
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Me: "Try this! I worked really hard on getting a nice balance with the hops so there's lots of citrusy taste without too much bitter"
My dad: " Wow, it's fizzy and everything.. as long as it's cheap and it gets the job done eh??"

Old 06-16-2012, 09:29 PM   #1985
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2718 Times on 1596 Posts

Not my beer, but I just stopped at the store where they were doing a tasting of New Holland's double IPA, which I thought was really, really good. The two other guys about puked. Apparently had never tasted hops.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #1986
Recipes 

Dec 2008
Atlanta
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Airhead co worker in response to a dry hopped 6.5% IPA : "So how many mixed Vodka drinks is one of these?"

Old 06-17-2012, 01:33 AM   #1987
hercher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Scranton
Liked 59 Times on 56 Posts

Not a comment, but a reaction. When I was brewing for Jersey Jim's Brewing Company back in the late '90's, I did a brewfest at Split Rock in the Pocono Mountains. I took my Barley Wine, which was a great and very intense beer (Sam Calagione of Dogfish was very complimentary). A young foursome came up to me and inquired about the beers. They all opted for the BW, even though I suspected they wouldn't like it, especially the girls, who seemed more like the pink drink types. One girl took a sip, and raced to a garbage can to spit it out -- she couldn't get there fast enough. The funniest reaction to my beer I ever saw.
Kegged: Nothing
In the fridge: Dogfish 60 minute; Imperial Stout

Old 06-18-2012, 01:23 AM   #1988
RedGuitar
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Raleigh, NC
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

At a get together at my brother's tonight:

Friend's gf: "what are you drinking?"
Me: "It's some home brew I made."
Friend's gf: "I've never heard of that before. Can I see the bottle? Where did you get it?"

I laughed and explained what home brew is.

"Good men drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #1989
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0202 View Post
Airhead co worker in response to a dry hopped 6.5% IPA : "So how many mixed Vodka drinks is one of these?"
that's actually an awesome comment, and a great alternative to standard forms of measure. like using the "mandingo" to measure length- as in "a football field is 286.2 mandingos long". yes, you need a calculator, but that's why excel was invented. or, as some believe, was discovered by nazi ufo pilots, in a frozen asteroid.

Kerin Likes This 
Old 06-18-2012, 11:48 AM   #1990
ArcticBear

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Branford, CT
Liked 46 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wSelwyn View Post

*Silence*

*facepalm*
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
The placebo beer! The mind is powerful!
Back in college we used to have parties and fill an empty handle of grey goose with $9 a handle cheap vodka. Everyone would think we were always making drinks and giving away free goose so we threw the best parties....no one ever questioned that it didn't taste like goose so we'd always laugh the morning after.

But back to beer, the stupidest comment I've gotten so at (and keep in mind I'm relatively new to this whole thing) was "well it looks like beer"