The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 19 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 12-28-2008, 10:41 PM   #181
Laurel

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Seattle, WA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeSheets View Post

They are a local brewer in the PNW, and not knowing any better when I was 19 and my parents offered me a beer, I asked the dumb question... "So does it taste like salmon?" My older brother just laughed at me.

I now know better.
My mom's a beer snob and I was lucky enough to get a keg of their organic amber for my high school graduation party. I must admit, none of the kids there wanted to drink it, maybe that's why she got it!

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 12-28-2008, 10:48 PM   #182
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri_Rage View Post
About anything darker than BMC (from the same guy more than once):
"This is supposed to be like Guinness, huh?"
Heard that.
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #183
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 795 Times on 438 Posts

I was at a party last night with good friends. One of whom will not drink anything (I mean anything) except a standard Budweiser.

He'd heard I've been brewing for a while and wanted to try something I'd brought (I always haul a rolling cooler of HB with me to parties).

I decided to give him a basic English Pale Ale (Standard Bitters) because it was the mildest, least hoppy beer I'd brought. Now here's a guy who refers to Dos Equis is one of those "heavy" beers. Once I gave him a bit of a recipe rundown on the EPA and told him what to expect in up front taste, aroma and lingering bitterness, he took a slow swig. Took another. One more sip and and proclaimed that it was not only good...it was damn good beer.

We proceeded to share three more 22 ouncers of the EPA and he was thoroughly surprised/impressed. He eventually got to singing the praises to everyone else at the party and making a big deal of it.

Ironically it was less a surprise to him that he was enjoying a homebrew, as he was enjoying a beer that was the color of a penny. He never imagined he could drink something "dark" like that and enjoy it.

I consider the night a success.

...though I did achieve a big "fail" when I asked him to try my smoked porter...

brewmonk Likes This 
Old 12-29-2008, 01:56 AM   #184
Jeffro
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Auburn, WA
Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

The girlfriend of a buddy of mine took a glass of my homebrew and started siping on it. She said "This is REALLY good... It won't make me drunk will it?"

Then, on a big family camping trip I was hanging out at another campsite and my nieces boyfriend offered me a can of Budwieser. It was getting pretty hot and close to beer time anyway... And my beer was a couple of hundred feet away, so I took one.

My 18 year old son said "You aren't really going to drink that are you?"

That's probably the only BMC beer I've had in 2 years.

brewmcq Likes This 
Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 AM   #185
blowmax10
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Stupidest thing i've heard is "yeah this is ok but can you make coors light?"

Old 12-29-2008, 02:12 PM   #186
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowmax10 View Post
Stupidest thing i've heard is "yeah this is ok but can you make coors light?"
You're right....that probably is the stupidest comment someone can make.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:56 PM   #187
MrNate
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Bridgewater, NJ
Liked 16 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
So I gave a buddy of mine some bottles of the RIS888- I asked him if he drank any yet and he said no he was think of using it to marinate some chicken. What a dick
My dad keeps making this comment about the Hot Chocolate Stout I gave him... Saying he should use it to make his "venison in guinness" recipe.

Uh, Dad...I don't think that's such a great idea. You should probably taste it first.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:59 AM   #188
Bourdon

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Wilmington, DE

I only give my beers to people who I know will appreciate them. My BF since elementary school drank like 5 of my heavy-wisse's one night

him: "Dood, I'm f**ked up"
me: "that was the goal"

I brought 2 gallons of apfelwine to a party

them: "Wow! this is good! did you put vodka in this?"
me: "no, but I put honey in it"
them: "It's not sweet at all"
me: "the yeast fermented it out into alcohol"
them: "thats gross" *puts drink down"

ignorance is bliss.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:15 PM   #189
imaguitargod
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Local Mind Expander of Cleveland, OH
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourdon View Post
them: "Wow! this is good! did you put vodka in this?"
me: "no, but I put honey in it"
them: "It's not sweet at all"
me: "the yeast fermented it out into sugar"
them: "thats gross" *puts drink down"

ignorance is bliss.
ROFLMAO!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 04:41 PM   #190
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5010 Times on 3381 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNate View Post
My dad keeps making this comment about the Hot Chocolate Stout I gave him... Saying he should use it to make his "venison in guinness" recipe.

Uh, Dad...I don't think that's such a great idea. You should probably taste it first.
Ah, it's all dark, so what's the difference?