The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 180 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 AM   #1791
drainbamage
Keep HBT weird.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2011
Alexandria, KY
Liked 2614 Times on 1482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewChem View Post
I gave a self-proclaimed beer connoisseur at work a bottle of my holiday ale... he said it was like "drinking a ginger-snap"...
I wouldn't consider that an insult. I've compared some spiced winter ales to cookies before and meant it in the best way. Now, if I had made a double IPA and he was comparing it to ginger-snaps, then I might be a little annoyed.

At any rate, it sounds like it was popular, and that's what counts!

Old 02-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #1792
Trail
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Colchester, Vermont
Liked 61 Times on 53 Posts

"How was it?"
"Oh, you know, it was great, I really liked it."
"Awesome!"
"But I gave half of it to my boyfriend."
*beat*
"Why?"
"It was just really... dark."
"It was a milk porter."
"I thought it would be more milky." *pause* "I can't drink dark beers."

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown_dog_us View Post
The first step is locating a cheap pasta maker. Are you married? If so you probably got one as a wedding present.

Old 02-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #1793
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

what is it with dark beers that people are afraid of?

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 02-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #1794
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2657 Times on 1565 Posts

I dunno. But brace yourself for the inevitable "Oh, I can only handle one Guinness because it's soooooo heavy!" comments that are going to come up shortly.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:45 PM   #1795
Trail
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Colchester, Vermont

"Oh, yeah man, Guinness gets you f^!%ed up!"

Quote:
The first step is locating a cheap pasta maker. Are you married? If so you probably got one as a wedding present.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #1796
spearko520
Recipes 

Dec 2011
allentown, PA
Liked 57 Times on 55 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I dunno. But brace yourself for the inevitable "Oh, I can only handle one Guinness because it's soooooo heavy!" comments that are going to come up shortly.
one of my favorites!- i love to vociferously agree as a i proceed to down a dozen or so pints as fast as i can. i tell them my pooh is like led zeppelin.

Old 02-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #1797
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2657 Times on 1565 Posts

I especially like it when they say "Guinness is too heavy. I'll have a MGD" when MGD is quite a bit heavier than Guinness.

Old 02-28-2012, 06:28 PM   #1798
amberbrooks
Recipes 

Feb 2012
, colorado

My family drinks nothing but budweiser and coors and my aunt tried our pumpkin ale and said it was way too strong. My grandma also tried it and said it was good for being a beer not like budweiser and coors. There's also the people like my mom who exaggerate how good it is without giving any real opinion and you can never tell if they are just saying that...I think that can be just as annoying....

Old 02-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #1799
Trail
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Colchester, Vermont

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberbrooks View Post
people like my mom who exaggerate how good it is without giving any real opinion and you can never tell if they are just saying that...I think that can be just as annoying....
Annoying, maybe, but c'mon. If your friggin' MOM won't back you up no matter what, you need a better mom. And it sounds like you're all set.

If it really bugs you, maybe be like "Hey, mom, I'm guessing you aren't really that into my beer. What do YOU like beer to taste like?" And then you can go brew her up a blonde or whatever it is she really wants.

Quote:

Old 02-28-2012, 07:34 PM   #1800
amberbrooks
Recipes 

Feb 2012
, colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
Annoying, maybe, but c'mon. If your friggin' MOM won't back you up no matter what, you need a better mom. And it sounds like you're all set.

If it really bugs you, maybe be like "Hey, mom, I'm guessing you aren't really that into my beer. What do YOU like beer to taste like?" And then you can go brew her up a blonde or whatever it is she really wants.

Haha agreed! I know that's a mom's job, i guess its more just how she goes about it. I just know her so well and when she's exaggerating. She's into more beers than the rest of my family so I don't think its so much that she's not into what we're brewing. Guess I just won't rely on her to critique our beer