The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 171 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 11-28-2011, 11:40 PM   #1701
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Florence, Alabama
Liked 116 Times on 98 Posts

lol omg!

Old 11-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #1702
Cascadegan
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Seattle/Olympia, WA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My friend just made his first batch and someone said (behind his back) it tastes "like vinegar and ass"

It was a delicous alt ale that tasted like fresh ekg hops and malty goodness...

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 11-29-2011, 12:30 AM   #1703
dankev
Recipes 

Oct 2011
Portland, OR
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Reading through this, it makes me feel fortunate that none of my friends or family are BMC drinkers. Many are even beer snobs. Mostly I've just been getting very shocked responses that my beer is as good or better than micros.

My FIL keeps asking if it's safe, and he initially asked if it was even legal. I think he has visions me serving massive quantities of methanol. He'll still only have a few sips at a time. I think he assumes the risk of poison is high, so he wants to limit his exposure.

Old 11-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #1704
Accidic
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Millbrook, Alabama
Liked 97 Times on 85 Posts

If he's your FIL you'd think he'd be old enough to throw caution to the wind.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:06 PM   #1705
RedGuitar
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Raleigh, NC
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

Spent Christmas with SWMBO's family, and gave home brew as Christmas presents. Actually got lots of compliments, but did hear a few things that made me slap my forehead.

Sis-in-law: "I hear that some people don't like to drink their beer if it's really, really cold. They say it doesn't taste as good."

Brother-in-law's father, after pouring my stout: "This looks like grape juice."

But everybody loved the beer, so I'm happy.

"Good men drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 12-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #1706
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
staten island
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGuitar
Spent Christmas with SWMBO's family, and gave home brew as Christmas presents. Actually got lots of compliments, but did hear a few things that made me slap my forehead.

Sis-in-law: "I hear that some people don't like to drink their beer if it's really, really cold. They say it doesn't taste as good.
She's right about that. My ESB tastes better as it warms. Its good straight out of the kegerator, but gets better closer to cellar temps. One commercial example is Hobgoblin. Had to let that one sit in the glass for awhile before enjoying
Mikeysab on untappd.

Old 12-26-2011, 05:31 PM   #1707
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 413 Times on 326 Posts

Not so much a stupid comment as they were hilarious reactions. I had my BiL try a couple of my homebrews "eergghhhhh". For the record my FiL loved them both.

Next I sprang the Southern Tier Krampus Imperial Helles Lager on my BiL. I wish I had a picture because he had the Keystone bitter beer face in a major way and was sputtering "ewweerrrghhh, so bitter!". Then I gave a sample of the same beer to my mom. She took a sip, said "it's somewhat bitter", and drank the rest. I told my BiL to hand in his man card as he had just been outdrunk by a septuagenarian female.

murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 12-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #1708
HokieBrewer
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Greensboro, NC
Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGuitar View Post

Sis-in-law: "I hear that some people don't like to drink their beer if it's really, really cold. They say it doesn't taste as good."
I'm in this camp. Unless it's BMC, which in that case I want it as close to 32 as possible.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:16 AM   #1709
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieBrewer

I'm in this camp. Unless it's BMC, which in that case I want it as close to 30 as possible.
Fixed.

Old 01-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #1710
EllisTX

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Booger County, Texas
Liked 49 Times on 41 Posts

The dumbest comment I've ever gotten is the same damn comment I get everytime the dumb hillbilly my Mom dates tries any of my beers. "Woo, damn, you liiike that strowng beer doncha?". Never f'ing fails. He's said it about every thing from a blonde on up. Drives me nucking futs.

jamiemc18 Likes This