The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 17 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 12-22-2008, 11:16 PM   #161
Mirilis
Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Greenville, Ohio
Liked 125 Times on 88 Posts

"Wow that has a kick, its too heavy for me" (APA).

"It tastes like coffee, and looks like motor oil. I cant drink something I cant see though" (Stout)

"I cant handle that buddy.. it tastes like Moose Piss", (IPA) - side note.. ive never had moose piss, but im sure it doesnt taste like IPA or I would have a moose.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #162
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Light Rye Ale that finished .004. "That is just too sweet"

Apfelwine that was 10 months old "It taste like pure alcohol"
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 12-23-2008, 04:36 PM   #163
MrNate
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Bridgewater, NJ
Liked 16 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFlynn74 View Post
Light Rye Ale that finished .004. "That is just too sweet"
Heard a bartender once complain that Blue Moon was "too sweet after Coors bought them out." Once again, not sure where to start with that one.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 12-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #164
kidfromkanada
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

oooooooo i wish it was legal to murder tards, My friends roomate buys old Milwaukee light or something like that because its the cheapest beer, and apparently is the greatest tasting beer. its so funny watching him after every time he takes a swig the look on his face is just hilarious. its like he just took a shot of gin. I brought some wit beer with me, me and 2 others where enjoying those all night.(3 gallons worth, i really need 10 Gal equipment) any way he wouldn't eaven try the beer becouse it was "white and had foam on it that lasted too long", he also claimed that white beer is a girls drink, and only girls drink white beer.
laughed a long time after hearing that.

The only time iv been able to get him to drink my homebrew was when i poured my a Alt beer into a ceramic stein and told him it was budweiser. After that day he always says he never had bud that was so good then the one he had at my dorm room. So sad

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 12-23-2008, 09:17 PM   #165
Hefeweizengeliebter

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Toledo, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was told my beer taste like sushi.... by my pregnant sister-in-law

everyone else loved it

Now Brewing: English Chocolate Nut Brown
Next up: ????
Bottled: Jalapeņo Pilsner, Ginger Pilsner

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 12-23-2008, 09:19 PM   #166
larrybrewer

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Portland, OR
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I've been told my home brew is 'smooth' and doesn't give that AWYUUUUK reaction when you take a swig of Bud. Eg my beer is not 'barfy'. I guess that is a nice compliment!

Old 12-24-2008, 04:06 AM   #167
Anthony_Lopez

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Groton, MA
Liked 24 Times on 10 Posts

Someone tried my IPA and told me it was too bitter for an IPA. I was given a lecture on how IPA's should taste. Good stuff!!

I've also had people ask me if they can try my beer once it cools off. The reason it needed to cool off was because I had just started the boil...

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

My Cheap and Easy Stirplate

Old 12-24-2008, 04:10 AM   #168
chefchris

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Gainesville, Florida
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony_Lopez View Post
I've also had people ask me if they can try my beer once it cools off. The reason it needed to cool off was because I had just started the boil...
I've had the same thing happen to me.

I think you are confuisng circle k with a reach around. - Denny's Evil Concoctions

Old 12-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #169
Mirilis
Lvl 10 Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Greenville, Ohio
Liked 125 Times on 88 Posts

Wow that bear has some major head retention. Its been there for hours (referring to the Krausen in my carboy)

Old 12-24-2008, 04:29 PM   #170
TeufelBrew

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Denver, Colorado
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Just switched to kegging and have a Marzen, Scottish Wee 80/- and a Porter carbed and ready. Bunch of in-laws will be over. Not sure what the reactions will be since some actually know about and like good beer and others think beer is evil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinksWellWithOthers View Post
You're all wrong. Apfelwein is a time machine and mind eraser combined into one.