The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 151 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 AM   #1501
LVBen

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokopuff829 View Post
I guess if you wanna see a 70yr old lady naked. Okay. Haha. You sick bastards
Oh, 70?!?!?! It should be easy to seduce her then...

Old 08-10-2011, 01:25 AM   #1502
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2009
staten island
Liked 546 Times on 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBen

Oh, 70?!?!?! It should be easy to seduce her then...
Brew her up a prune wheat
Mikeysab on untappd.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #1503
specialkaye
Recipes 

Oct 2010
Just a bit south of Milwaukee, WI
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Brew her up a prune wheat
Bunch of sick people here. But, I'm loving it.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #1504
starrbrew

Recipes 

Apr 2010
San Diego, California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Not stupid, but the best compliment I've had and it wasn't even spoken!

I brewed a Pliny Clone for Family reunion. Most everybody there likes Pliny, but a few don't even drink beer. My Grandmothers friend at her retirment home was there. He hasn't had a drink in about 30-40 years. I give him a sip and he liked it so I gave hime one. By the end of the afternoon he sucked down 3, 12 oz bottles of 8.5% Pliny!!! For someone that doesn't drink to like my home brew enough to pound 3, that's pretty awesome.

By the way he didn't quit drinking because of being an alcoholic or anything he just never cared for any type of alcohol.
www.facebook.com/StarrBrewHomeBrew

Old 08-11-2011, 07:54 PM   #1505
cfonnes
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Utah
Liked 64 Times on 49 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrbrew View Post
My Grandmothers friend at her retirment home was there. He hasn't had a drink in about 30-40 years. I give him a sip and he liked it so I gave hime one. By the end of the afternoon he sucked down 3, 12 oz bottles of 8.5% Pliny!!! For someone that doesn't drink to like my home brew enough to pound 3, that's pretty awesome.

By the way he didn't quit drinking because of being an alcoholic or anything he just never cared for any type of alcohol.
Probably the most interesting thing to happen to him in a while. You made his week.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:54 PM   #1506
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrbrew View Post

I brewed a Pliny Clone for Family reunion. Most everybody there likes Pliny, but a few don't even drink beer. My Grandmothers friend at her retirment home was there. He hasn't had a drink in about 30-40 years. I give him a sip and he liked it so I gave hime one. By the end of the afternoon he sucked down 3, 12 oz bottles of 8.5% Pliny!!! For someone that doesn't drink to like my home brew enough to pound 3, that's pretty awesome.

Nice! must be rough having Pliny availble. Guess my only choice is to brew it here. Any suggestions for recipes???? Please,please God i must make this..
Its the end of the afternoon here and i already sucked down a founders ipa,founders double trouble, and a founders red rye ale.. wtf?!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #1507
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Liked 2657 Times on 1565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmohno

Nice! must be rough having Pliny availble. Guess my only choice is to brew it here. Any suggestions for recipes???? Please,please God i must make this..
Its the end of the afternoon here and i already sucked down a founders ipa,founders double trouble, and a founders red rye ale.. wtf?!!!
http://farmhousebrewingsupply.fmtemp...ne%20PDF-1.pdf

Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 AM   #1508
MBasile
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrbrew

Elderly and sober for 3-4 decades??? How'd he handle that much alcohol?

Total gallons in 2012: 10

Old 08-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #1509
lextasy23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Dirty Water
Liked 45 Times on 32 Posts

The guy my parents just bought their new house from was over this past weekend, moving more crap out. We were in the basement in my new beermaking corner, and got on the topic.

He proceeded to tell me about "some guy he knew" who made beer in his bathtub. I was like "you sure it wasn't a still in his tub making 'shine?". Nope, he says... It was a bathtub full of beer. I just nodded and was like "oh, cool".

Bathtub brew strikes again.
Bottled/Kegged: "First Born" TIPA, "Broforce" Blood Orange Hefe, "Knucklehead" Kolsch
On Deck: Key Lime Pie Wheat, Blueberry Hefeweizen

Old 08-15-2011, 02:57 PM   #1510
drummerguysteve
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Seattle, Washington
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I've put fermentors in my bathtub to maintain a cool temp. I'm sure that's not what he was referring to though.