The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 149 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2011, 07:24 PM   #1481
bonzombiekitty
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Philadelphia
Posts: 530
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
Yep, very much like that. (BTW, for those who haven't heard it, that was a mercifully short snippet of the Verizon decimal point saga. I was literally shaking after about 10 minutes into the unedited thing...
When I first heard the whole thing, I was on the verge of finding a blunt weapon and hunting down those Verizon people so that they could be removed from the gene pool. Even now, I think listening to it cuts a few weeks off my lifespan due to the stress.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:38 PM   #1482
Boleslaus
 
Boleslaus's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 1,287
Liked 24 Times on 24 Posts


Not necessarily stupid, but just an average joe beer comment.

I served some of my beer to my gf's dad and BIL this weekend and the first comment was..."this isn't cold!" It was somewhere between 39 and 43. After that, they decided they liked it though, but qualified each compliment with "...it should be colder though".
__________________
Watch me leap through this hoop!

On Tap: Rocketsauce IPA, Party Ride Wheat
Fermenting: Meet Your Maker Stout, Big Ring DIPA

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #1483
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
JonM's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Posts: 8,031
Liked 2983 Times on 1729 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty

When I first heard the whole thing, I was on the verge of finding a blunt weapon and hunting down those Verizon people so that they could be removed from the gene pool. Even now, I think listening to it cuts a few weeks off my lifespan due to the stress.
I would have had them get a piece of paper and said "wrote this down. How much would 1 kb cost? 1 x .002 cents is .002 cents. Good. Now how much would 2 kb cost? 2 x .002 cents is what? .004 cents. Write that down. How much would 10 kb cost?" and so on, as long as it took for those dummies to get it.
__________________
Who is this Rorschach guy? And why did he paint so many pictures of my parents fighting?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #1484
Kokopuff829
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Posts: 407
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boleslaus
Not necessarily stupid, but just an average joe beer comment.

I served some of my beer to my gf's dad and BIL this weekend and the first comment was..."this isn't cold!" It was somewhere between 39 and 43. After that, they decided they liked it though, but qualified each compliment with "...it should be colder though".
I know I had te same response. Mine made me go get ice cubes

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:44 PM   #1485
slowbie
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
Raleigh, NC
Posts: 641
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

I would have had them get a piece of paper and said "wrote this down. How much would 1 kb cost? 1 x .002 cents is .002 cents. Good. Now how much would 2 kb cost? 2 x .002 cents is what? .004 cents. Write that down. How much would 10 kb cost?" and so on, as long as it took for those dummies to get it.
Clearly you've never listened to the full version... I highly doubt your strategy would've worked. I never would have believed people were that stupid before...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #1486
Reno_eNVy
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Posts: 6,277
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts


I just found the 27 minute long version and listened to the entire thing.

I need to hit something very hard right now.
__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:36 PM   #1487
JonM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
JonM's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Milwaukee
Posts: 8,031
Liked 2983 Times on 1729 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbie

Clearly you've never listened to the full version... I highly doubt your strategy would've worked. I never would have believed people were that stupid before...
Ooh, sounds bad. I don't think I could handle it.
__________________
Who is this Rorschach guy? And why did he paint so many pictures of my parents fighting?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:45 PM   #1488
FromZwolle
 
FromZwolle's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
beecher, il
Posts: 8,555
Liked 56 Times on 43 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno_eNVy View Post
I just found the 27 minute long version and listened to the entire thing.

I need to hit something very hard right now.
balance it out with your favorite:


 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:11 PM   #1489
Reno_eNVy
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Posts: 6,277
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts


Nyan nyan =^.^=
__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:49 AM   #1490
bonzombiekitty
Recipes 
 
Sep 2009
Philadelphia
Posts: 530
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
I would have had them get a piece of paper and said "wrote this down. How much would 1 kb cost? 1 x .002 cents is .002 cents. Good. Now how much would 2 kb cost? 2 x .002 cents is what? .004 cents. Write that down. How much would 10 kb cost?" and so on, as long as it took for those dummies to get it.
That wouldn't have worked though. The issue wasn't a difference so much in understanding math, but rather not understanding terminology and the meaning of the symbols. In front of the Verizon reps was "$.002" but because of the decimal being present they were reading it as "point zero zero two cents" instead of "point zero zero two dollars". They assumed that because the number starts with a decimal, it should be read as "cents". So if you told them to write down "point zero zero two cents" they'd write down "$.002", and end up with their version of the answer.

When this first happened years ago, I was SHOCKED at the number of people that had the same misunderstanding that the Verizon people did.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump