The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 140 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 07-10-2011, 01:50 AM   #1391
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy
Mild, that reminds me. The bartender at Pipers was telling me that they had a mild on cask and he said he didnt like milds they tasted like brown water and then he turned around and ordered a Belhaven (Scottish Mild).
Sux I can't edit via the app but I meant to say it was some random guy at the bar that said that.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:34 PM   #1392
houndsbreath
Recipes 

Apr 2011
houston, tx
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Well, I had a Wailua at the Kona Brewery 2 days prior and that thing was hazy and yellow/gold. I know about kristallwezen, but assumed she did not. I was served out of a keg (thanks Dwarven_Stout). I think a few have missed my real point. Or maybe I just sound like a blathering idiot.

I decided to stop drinking with creeps. I decided to drink only with friends. I've lost 30 pounds. -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 07-10-2011, 03:42 PM   #1393
Beezy
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndsbreath
Well, I had a Wailua at the Kona Brewery 2 days prior and that thing was hazy and yellow/gold. I know about kristallwezen, but assumed she did not. I was served out of a keg (thanks Dwarven_Stout). I think a few have missed my real point. Or maybe I just sound like a blathering idiot.
She may very well have served you the wrong beer but it doesn't look like that point was made. The point was made that all wheat beers are cloudy and that is absolutely not true.

Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #1394
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezy View Post
She may very well have served you the wrong beer but it doesn't look like that point was made. The point was made that all wheat beers are cloudy and that is absolutely not true.
Yup

Also, BOOYA! Wailua from the bottle. And no, there's nothing at the bottom to swirl in.

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:53 PM   #1395
jeepinjeepin

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Liked 1046 Times on 1025 Posts

Maybe the kegs are unfiltered and unpasteurized and the bottles are filtered and pasteurized to allow for unrefridgerated shipping.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:16 PM   #1396
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada

I'm sure that's the case

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:52 PM   #1397
cwyeary
Recipes 

Jun 2011
, Minnesota
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

After reading through this thread I want to hear someone put some dark food coloring in BMC for one of their BMC friends who don't like "dark beers" and see what they think. That could be a fun experiment.

Old 07-11-2011, 01:16 PM   #1398
Kokopuff829
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyeary
After reading through this thread I want to hear someone put some dark food coloring in BMC for one of their BMC friends who don't like "dark beers" and see what they think. That could be a fun experiment.
I'm going to do that! Great idea. My Grandpa drinks MGD and said my Irish red was too strong. I have to try this!

Old 07-11-2011, 06:58 PM   #1399
McGarnigle

Recipes 

Jul 2008
NYS
Liked 68 Times on 58 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwyeary View Post
I remember reading a blog by a guy who was taking a beer judge course (not in the US, so it wasn't BJCP), and he said this was one of the tests. Well, it wasn't BMC, but they gave them a pilsner darkened with food coloring and asked them to analyze it. Many of the students guessed stout or porter and talked about its roastiness.

Old 07-11-2011, 09:30 PM   #1400
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGarnigle View Post
I remember reading a blog by a guy who was taking a beer judge course (not in the US, so it wasn't BJCP), and he said this was one of the tests. Well, it wasn't BMC, but they gave them a pilsner darkened with food coloring and asked them to analyze it. Many of the students guessed stout or porter and talked about its roastiness.
I'm sure that test would make an ass out of me, but without having taken it and with my ability to pick out flavors/smells in food and beer (others have taken quite a notice... I'm a freak ) I think I would see past the shenanigans. Both SWMBO and I will comment on a porter if we taste any roasted barley in it... but well, that's an easy one.

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!