The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 130 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #1291
beesy
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniesen View Post
I have gotten the same as the last 2 posts. My favorite is "What kind of alcohol do you use?".
got that one one too - I laughed, but in defense of them, if they know nothing about science/biology/fermentation/(common sense-LOL!!) it's quite a benign statement. I think the guy actually asked me where I bought the alcohol, not what kind - comical nonetheless.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:54 AM   #1292
Mke_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My brother came over when I was brewing today and I let him try a bit of wort before I started the boil. He looks up, pauses for a few seconds like he was really focusing on the taste then says "taste a bit yeasty to me...." his face turned beet red when I explained there was no yeast in it yet.

Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #1293
Vance71975
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Bryan, Ohio
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatrockbrewing View Post
I am so glad Im not the only one...In the area of Ohio I live in Coors Light is the go to beer so my I.P.A. and Bourbon Barrel Stout didnt go over to well at a camp out we had last night. I also brought a few bottles of Dogfish Heads 60 minute IPA which went unopened..
Holy Hell dude i live in Bryan! Didn't realize there were others so close!

Old 06-22-2011, 02:55 PM   #1294
jarded
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Houston, TX

My first beer (admittedly not how I wanted it to turn out, but the following comment was still inaccurate), someone told me "it tastes like soy sauce."

I fail to find saltiness in beer.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:41 PM   #1295
LVBen

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bniesen View Post
"What kind of alcohol do you use?".
To be fair, I've known several people that mix vodka, apple juice, and cinnamon, and then heat it up on a stove and call it home-made apple cider. They probably think that home-made beer would be similar.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 06-22-2011, 05:45 PM   #1296
Jota21

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
Liked 15 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVBen View Post
To be fair, I've known several people that mix vodka, apple juice, and cinnamon, and then heat it up on a stove and call it home-made apple cider. They probably think that home-made beer would be similar.
Try it with captain morgan, apple cider, cinnamon, and a little bit of butter... very tasty!
/threadjack

Old 06-23-2011, 01:50 AM   #1297
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee John View Post
last week brought a sixer of bells two-hearted over to my brothers... drank a few and left the rest...

...he calls me tonight and says "hey, stop by... still got a few of them fish beers left..."
Ha ha ha.! I love how this beer doesnt display ipa on it.This was kinda my entry level ipa gateway epiphony. I didnt like it at first then after a few more nights and trying it it was in my fridge weekly.I miss it now as i have a love for so many other ipa's.Gonna have to get back to this one- i just tried widmers seasonal citra blonde and it reminded me of two hearted a little,except session light and a tastey one also. Id have to admit until i read the bottom of the six pack carrier i wasnt going to buy it until i seen how the citra hops gave it the grapefruit and orange.Always nice for a hop to provide this than to be infused.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #1298
duckmanco
Recipes 

Sep 2010
VA
Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts

Buddy of mine, when tasting my Surly Bitter Brewer clone AFTER I explained a little about the British Bitter style --- "yada yada but with American hops" I included only that the ABV was close to Miller Lite in an attempt to appeal to most people's idea of beer, and keep in mind this guy drinks Torpedo regularly....

says...... "so this is like a hoppy Miller Lite"... No.... no it isn't.

Old 06-23-2011, 04:46 AM   #1299
mwhc22
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2006
Wisconsin/Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarded
My first beer (admittedly not how I wanted it to turn out, but the following comment was still inaccurate), someone told me "it tastes like soy sauce."

I fail to find saltiness in beer.
I wonder what Thats all about? I had a friend tell me an imperial red ale was salty recently. I was so confused.

“Here’s to a long life and a merry one,
a quick death and an easy one, a pretty girl and a true one,
a cold beer and another one." -Lewis Henry

"old schlitz...new schlitz... both getz you LITZ!"

Old 06-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #1300
MBasile
Recipes 

Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhc22

I wonder what Thats all about? I had a friend tell me an imperial red ale was salty recently. I was so confused.
I've had a few commercial beers that have had a salty aftertaste.

Total gallons in 2012: 10