The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 13 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 04-09-2008, 05:28 AM   #121
MikeFlynn74

Recipes 

Nov 2007
ANCHORAGE!!
Liked 19 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Him: "hmmm this beer is thicker than I like" *turns to sink and pours a bunch of water in the beer.
Me: "Gah!"
Followed by
You- *stab*
Him- Mybad
Originally Posted by Tenchiro View Post
The successful have nobody to blame but themselves, I really wish they would take some responsibility for their own actions...

Old 04-09-2008, 03:30 PM   #122
Philip1993
Recipes 

Jul 2007
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

One of my BMC buddies said; "I don't like all those ales, and lagers, and stuff..."

Old 04-10-2008, 01:58 AM   #123
Wild Sab
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Southern NJ

I was brewing with my FIL this past Sunday. We were doing and Irish red. Keep in mind he is a devouted Miller Lite fan and he kept commenting on how dark it was looking. When I put it into the fermenter and topped it up to 5 gallons he said "its still sooo dark, maybe you should add another couple of gallons of water." I just shook my head and said "no its just fine."

Old 04-18-2008, 12:45 AM   #124
dbBrewMonster
Recipes 

Mar 2008
California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is more of an ignorant action than a stupid comment, but...

Several years ago I gave out some newly-bottled Ales to some friends. I explained how they were new and should be stored somewhere for several weeks and then refrigerated before drinking. Instead of listening to these instructions however, one friend decided he was thirsty right then and proceeded to crack open the warm homebrew right there.

Me: Don't do that!
Him: ...

He tilted the bottle up to the sky like it was MGD and then proceeded to cuss at me when he got an entire face and body wash with frothing suds. Since it wasn't MY carpet that got trashed with beer, I found this extremely amusing. The really funny thing is, about a month later he did exactly the same thing with someone else's bottle. *sigh*.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 AM   #125
Sherpa FE
The < 1% Club
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2007
Blairsville, Georgia
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

My neighbor, who is a Korea veteran, does not hardly drink, literally maybe 1 beer in about 10 years. Anyways he's always around my shop wehn I am brewing, and one day decided to try some. His remark.........it needs some salt.

WTF???

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 04-18-2008, 01:47 AM   #126
Wade E
Beer Buster

Recipes 

Mar 2008
Middlebury, Ct.
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Them: "I don't like beer but I like your beer."
Me: "Thanks!"
In my head: "WTF? Then you like beer, genius."
I find this funny as this is why Im going into AG. My daughters friend makes VERY GOOD AG bear and I really never liked beer all that much until I drank about 14 different styles of his about 2 months ago and was amazed how much I actually LIKE beer, just not the piss that is sold over the counter. I think I have him making wine though after he had some of mine in which he really didnt like wine so it was an interesting day.

clone63 Likes This 
Old 04-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #127
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts

I got the comment last week upon letting a friend taste my nut brown ale. "This is hopper than the first batch." First batch wsa an American Pale dry hopped with an ounce of cascade. I started to say "No..." aw nevermind.

I know the people who have tried my first batch all said, wow This is really good. But I wish someone would give me an honest opinion. I even took a bottle of my newly bottled Brown ale at the time. Probably bottled 3 days. Poured a small sample for all and told them it's comparable to a Newcastle.
Them:"This is pretty good"!!
ME: "NO IT"S NOT!"
It tastes like granny smith apples. Give me an honest opinion

One of the guys there though is planning on starting brewing though so it will be cool. He is a nature boy and his comment was, I'm gonna be purist and just do All Grain. I'm like Thats great. But You should REALLY do at least one extract batch first. Ease into the confusion. I turned him onto this site. Dunno if he joined or is just lurking.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #128
TexLaw
Here's Lookin' Atcha!

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Houston, Texas
Liked 28 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse
You got some Bud drinkers in that crowd, do ya?

TL

Drinking Frog Brewery, est. 1993

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #129
zoebisch01

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Central PA
Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse
I know the people who have tried my first batch all said, wow This is really good. But I wish someone would give me an honest opinion. I even took a bottle of my newly bottled Brown ale at the time. Probably bottled 3 days. Poured a small sample for all and told them it's comparable to a Newcastle.

Well in all actuality, they may not be able to notice it as a defect. It merely tastes 'good' to them, not in the sense that you are critiquing the brew based on your own rigid analysis.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Old 04-25-2008, 02:09 PM   #130
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3515 Times on 3328 Posts

I mentioned to that the green apple flavor they're tasting is from it being very young. Maybe they thought it was a green apple brown ale...? I guess I wouldn't have known why the taste was there before this forum.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.