The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 128 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #1271
jeepinjeepin

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Liked 1046 Times on 1025 Posts

I reiterate. I am lucky, or is it unlucky? The guys I hang with would probably drink chicha beer if I made it.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #1272
beerloaf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Boise, Idaho
Liked 18 Times on 18 Posts

I once had a friend ask me my if homebrew "tasted like Budwiser." I just about smacked him upside the head. Instead I educated him as to the finer points of beer and he now doesn't drink any BMC product.

beerloaf

Another recent study found that Americans drink an average of 22 gallons of beer a year.

That means, on average, Americans get about 41 miles per gallon.

Not bad.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 06-18-2011, 06:57 PM   #1273
Thundercougarfalconbird
Recipes 

Dec 2010
, GA
Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts

Hands dad a 2009 Stone Vertical Epic Clone
"Whew! This is too hoppy for me"
Or being in a college town I get a lot of BMC comments
Hands friend dogfish 60 clone
"This is ok, but I like how miller triple hops their beer."
Give someone cream of 3 crops, and tell them its better than BMC
"yea? is it cold brewed?"
I wrote a poem about IPA's in my creative writing class
one line was
"Pilsner glass abode"
to which my to which my professor replies
"Oh I didn't get it until you said Pilsner. I remember now IPA's are a kind of Pilsner."

Old 06-18-2011, 07:25 PM   #1274
TotemWolf

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Granite, OK
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
I reiterate. I am lucky, or is it unlucky? The guys I hang with would probably drink chicha beer if I made it.
My friends and neighbors all were real beer fans to begin with, or have since been converted. In fact neighbor that I helped put up the fence for is coming over tomorrow to brew. He wants to start homebrewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
Everyone has their own opinion, except the alcohol, it don't give a damn.

Old 06-18-2011, 08:14 PM   #1275
Paymygasbill77
Recipes 

Apr 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

This guy from work who sampled my beer and said..
"Yeah, miller light can stand up to your beer. It's triple hopped you know"!
Me "It's triple watered too".
Him" What I am saying is that they have to put more hops in miller light than you put in your beer".
Me " It's just clever marketing. They never put any hops in their beer to begin with. Zero times three is still zero".

Old 06-19-2011, 12:34 AM   #1276
bubbachunk

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Cincinnati
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaple1 View Post
And on top of that...people buy it....and it IS a business, so with that said, they are doing the right thing.

Craft beer is another dimension, where a more artistic view is put on creating truly remarkable beer. We simply cannot compare the two sides. We each have positives and negatives....can't we all just get along.
Nope, not when so many people refuse to be anything but ignorant. I do my absolute best to not overstep on topics to which I do not know but due to BMC mind set those "beer" drinkers consistently do.

To be a more on topic, I was very pleasantly surprised last weekend when I brought over craft beer and a bottle of my apple wine to a co-workers craw fish boil. Everyone was very receptive and complimentary. I was a bit worried as most of the people are extremely religious and do not drink very often if at all.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:38 AM   #1277
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Yeah, I know those types bubbachunk. Say they never drink and stay away from beer and liquor like the plague but are total winos. It has "wine" in the name so they figured it'd be okay

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 06-19-2011, 01:29 AM   #1278
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

My Brother,after sending him a six pack: Can this get you drunk?... Like real beer? And ovbiously " It seemed, dark and bitter."

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 06-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #1279
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paymygasbill77
This guy from work who sampled my beer and said..
"Yeah, miller light can stand up to your beer. It's triple hopped you know"!
Me "It's triple watered too".
Him" What I am saying is that they have to put more hops in miller light than you put in your beer".
Me " It's just clever marketing. They never put any hops in their beer to begin with. Zero times three is still zero".
I find your comment to be worse than your coworker. He doesn't know any better. The triple hopped comments are the perfect opportunity to explain how just about every beer has bittering, favoring, and aroma hops. Don't just make fun of someone like that, maybe they can be converted yet. I have recently converted a long time coors light drinker.

Beer is good, God is great, and people are crazy.

www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com

Old 06-20-2011, 01:35 PM   #1280
RedGuitar
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Raleigh, NC
Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts

This is a bit off topic, yet seems like the place to ask:

I was looking at a menu of a restaurant I was considering taking SWMBO to this past weekend. They have their own brewery there, plus serve several local brews. On the menu, though, your beer options for $4 for a pint and $6 for a pilsner. Anybody got any clue about this? I was looking on-line so couldn't ask the wait staff. Do they think pilsner is another word for "big glass"?

"Good men drink good beer." -Hunter S. Thompson