The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 127 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #1261
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Boise, ID
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextasy23 View Post
I recently had a friend request me to make a Bud Light clone, because he doesn't like the dark stuff.

I'm seriously thinking of delabeling and recapping some BL's, and putting a fancy label on it, just to see what he says.
Better yet, recap Keystone light.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:44 PM   #1262
jeepinjeepin

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Winston-Salem, NC
Liked 1047 Times on 1026 Posts

Put something that says stout on a bud select 55.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #1263
Vance71975
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Bryan, Ohio
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonebeer View Post
I had dinner with some business partners at the Granite City Brewery when the waitress came by for drink orders.

Larry: I'll have a Coors Light.
Waitress: We don't sell commercial beers. We only sell what we make.
Larry: What do you have that tastes like Coors Light?
Waitress: Water.

I think she brought him a Pale Ale or something. Then Larry asked for a glass of ice and poured the beer over ice. Larry's a pig. I cant take him anywhere.
I would have asked the waitress for a date!

Old 06-18-2011, 01:10 AM   #1264
bryanjints
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Jersey
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextasy23
I recently had a friend request me to make a Bud Light clone, because he doesn't like the dark stuff.

I'm seriously thinking of delabeling and recapping some BL's, and putting a fancy label on it, just to see what he says.
You should delabel some other light lager and do this then tell him you found the perfect clone recipe and see what he thinks. Then have a delabled bud light and say here have another and let me know what you think.

Beer is good, God is great, and people are crazy.

www.barleylegalhomebrewers.com

Old 06-18-2011, 01:13 AM   #1265
Kokopuff829
Recipes 

Mar 2011
Elyria, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanjints

You should delabel some other light lager and do this then tell him you found the perfect clone recipe and see what he thinks. Then have a delabled bud light and say here have another and let me know what you think.
Ya like this beer I tried cause my friend had it... Natural Light compared to my Irish Red it tasted like water So proud of myself.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:11 AM   #1266
drummerguysteve
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Seattle, Washington
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I wonder how much is color. I keep telling myself I should get some sinomar and add it to a bud lite before recapping. Then hand it out as my new porter. Even with no added flavor or body, I'd probably still be told it's too heavy.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:34 AM   #1267
JoeyChopps

Recipes 

Apr 2011
warner robins, ga
Liked 280 Times on 190 Posts

I really hate when I give someone a porter or a stout and they say its bitter my head wants to explode

Old 06-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #1268
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 39 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyChopps View Post
I really hate when I give someone a porter or a stout and they say its bitter my head wants to explode
Some people perceive the roasted malts are very bitter. A friend told me my Cream Stout (25-30IBU) was more bitter than my Pale Ale.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #1269
TotemWolf

Recipes 

Jun 2010
Granite, OK
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Ok this floored me.

Yeasterday, my neighbor was putting up a chain link fence so a friend of his and I were helping him. We decided to take a beer break, so I ran and grabbed 3 of my California Commons. My neighbor gladly took it. His friend looked at it and said, "No thanks, I only drink domestic beer."
The nieghbor laughed and said, "It doesn't get more domestic than this. He made it in that house." as he pointed to my place.
"Oh." said his friend, "Then why is it so danm dark?"
I thought my neighbor was going choke on his beer trying to keep from laughing at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
Everyone has their own opinion, except the alcohol, it don't give a damn.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #1270
flatrockbrewing

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Near Holgate Ohio, ohio
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

I am so glad Im not the only one...In the area of Ohio I live in Coors Light is the go to beer so my I.P.A. and Bourbon Barrel Stout didnt go over to well at a camp out we had last night. I also brought a few bottles of Dogfish Heads 60 minute IPA which went unopened..