The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 126 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 06-13-2011, 09:02 PM   #1251
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 37 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bknifefight View Post
Wait...what? You're going to give beer to your 13 year old sister? Bad Pommy! Bad!
If you use a pen you can kind of make the 13 look like an 18.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM   #1252
onipar
Recipes 

May 2011
Tannersville, PA
Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

I haven't had many people try my beer yet, but one good one about a Belgian White was:

Him: "This tastes like soda."
Me: "Really? Why do you say that?"
Him: "It's really carbonated."

Old 06-14-2011, 03:16 AM   #1253
Pommy
Recipes 

May 2009
Auckland, NZ
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazdaMatt View Post
I was a better wine taster at 13 than I am now. Nothing wrong with small amounts of alcohol with large amounts of education for youngsters.
certainly better than large amounts of alcohol with small amounts of education which was how I was introduced to beer. Much better now I'm older and wiser

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Old 06-14-2011, 11:51 AM   #1254
bonzombiekitty
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Philadelphia
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Hops View Post
I was at football tailgate. I brought yuengling. Everyone else drinking some BMC. We started playing a drinking game. Me with the yuengling. This girl looks at me and says "I can't believe you are playing this game. With a lager. I look at her bud light and say "your playing with a lager too."
To be fair, depending on where you are in the US "lager" can be synonymous with "Yuengling". Yuengling spends a fair bit of money marketing that concept in PA at least.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #1255
bknifefight
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Dec 2009
PA
Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty View Post
To be fair, depending on where you are in the US "lager" can be synonymous with "Yuengling". Yuengling spends a fair bit of money marketing that concept in PA at least.
I was at a bar and ordered a pitcher or lager (meaning Yuengling). The bartender asked if I wanted ice in it. What? No, of course not! She started filling a pitcher with WATER. Oops, I guess that band is louder than I thought.

Old 06-14-2011, 01:52 PM   #1256
BlueZooBrewing

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Lumberton, NJ
Liked 20 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty

+1. Anywhere around Pit, you order "a lager" at a bar or resturaunt and theyll bring you a yuengling. Since the Particular beer doesnt have another "name" besides "lager", the locals there look at calling it "yuengling lager" like calling a budweiser an Anheiser-busch budweiser(i know i spelt A-B wrong but too lazy to check the exact spelling).

Old 06-14-2011, 04:01 PM   #1257
brewmcq
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Houlton, ME
Liked 533 Times on 365 Posts

Great thread.. only took 3 hours to read the whole thing... :-)

I've had all the cliche questions (bathtub, blindness, alcohol, can you make Coors light, etc.)

I'm really thankful for my Dad though. He is a long-time, hard-core Coors Light drinker, when he's not sipping a Canadian Mist or Crown Royal with some ginger ale. He will ALWAYS try one of my home brews, despite the fact he "hates that dark sh*t". So just for him, I made a severely watered down light ale, which I bottled just last week.

It tasted pretty good, so hopefully with some bubbles and cold it'll be a decent "Coors Light Clone".

My favorite response to "how to you get alcohol into it?" is akin to "I add a special fungus that eats sugar, farts CO2 and pisses alcohol. If you look inside one of my carboys, you can actually see their little peckers."

:-D

What do YOU want out of this hobby? It's your hobby. Do it the way YOU want to do it. Don't depend on the rest of us to tell you how to do it.

Old 06-14-2011, 04:08 PM   #1258
Acoma
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Peoria, AZ
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

"I don't like dark beer"
"How many calories does it have"

1. Technically it's not a dark beer its just darker than Miller Lite
2. Drinking 13 Bud Lights instead of 3 of mine is not saving you any calories.

Old 06-17-2011, 08:59 PM   #1259
lextasy23
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Dirty Water
Liked 45 Times on 32 Posts

I recently had a friend request me to make a Bud Light clone, because he doesn't like the dark stuff.

I'm seriously thinking of delabeling and recapping some BL's, and putting a fancy label on it, just to see what he says.
Bottled/Kegged: "First Born" TIPA, "Broforce" Blood Orange Hefe, "Knucklehead" Kolsch
On Deck: Key Lime Pie Wheat, Blueberry Hefeweizen

Old 06-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #1260
Vance71975
Recipes 

Jan 2011
Bryan, Ohio
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Karr View Post
What is the absolutely stupidest thing anyone has said to you concerning how your beer tastes?

I gave some to my chiropractor, somehow expecting a somewhat intelligent comment, since he appears to be a somewhat intelligent person.

He said, "Wow, that stuff had quite a kick!"

My SWMBO, (love her to death), always takes her first taste of something new, and says, "Kind of heavy!"

DUH
My Best Friend, Who is a Coors Light Drinker(i try not to hold it against him,sometimes its hard tho) Tried my Imperial Stout, and said "tastes like cold coffee", Then tried my smoked Porter and said "tastes like cold coffee" so at this point i have given up on him having a taste bud that works! The funny thing is My COFFEE STOUT he didn't think tasted like coffee, DUH IT HAD A GALLON OF COLD EXPRESSED COFFEE IN IT how does it NOT taste like coffee.... Damn BMC drinkers anyway lol