The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 125 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 PM   #1241
Reno_eNVy
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Posts: 6,278
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
Another fun conversation with a coworker. I brought him a few bottles of homebrew.

Me: Here ya go. It's some IPA.
Coworker: what's an IPA?
Me: it's a beer with a lot of hops.
Coworker: oh like miller lite, they triple hop brew. I don't know if I'll like it because the hops are too sweet.
Me: okay allow me to explain to you what you just said....
Jeez, how does one facepalm and crack up laughing at the same time? I'm having a hard time here
__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 04:56 PM   #1242
TotemWolf
 
TotemWolf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Granite, OK
Posts: 284
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MBasile View Post
In Texas beer drink you!

Seriously though, in Texas beer is an alcoholic malt beverage under 4% ABW, ale (or malt liquor) is malt beverage above 4% ABW.
This was in North Dakota. Here beer is beer, ale is ale and lager is lager. The only thing I say good about ND is folk know what beer is and what it should taste like. Even though BMC still sells like hotcakes, even the small quicky marts sell two or three types of 'other' beers.
__________________
The best brew is the brew you brew.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
Everyone has their own opinion, except the alcohol, it don't give a damn.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #1243
TotemWolf
 
TotemWolf's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2010
Granite, OK
Posts: 284
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
Another fun conversation with a coworker. I brought him a few bottles of homebrew.

Me: Here ya go. It's some IPA.
Coworker: what's an IPA?
Me: it's a beer with a lot of hops.
Coworker: oh like miller lite, they triple hop brew. I don't know if I'll like it because the hops are too sweet.
Me: okay allow me to explain to you what you just said....
Oh, that just hurts.
__________________
The best brew is the brew you brew.


Quote:
Originally Posted by nukinfuts29
Everyone has their own opinion, except the alcohol, it don't give a damn.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #1244
Reno_eNVy
 
Reno_eNVy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Posts: 6,278
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by TotemWolf View Post
Here beer is beer, ale is ale and lager is lager



__________________
Primary: air and sadness =(

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)


LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Reason: rude

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 05:39 PM   #1245
MBasile
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Posts: 1,537
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by TotemWolf

This was in North Dakota. Here beer is beer, ale is ale and lager is lager. The only thing I say good about ND is folk know what beer is and what it should taste like. Even though BMC still sells like hotcakes, even the small quicky marts sell two or three types of 'other' beers.
Ah, "Texas Roadhouse" threw me off. Maybe the guy was trying to uphold the Texas experience.
__________________
Up next: beer
Fermenting: beer
Conditioning: and more beer

Total gallons in 2012: 10

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:00 PM   #1246
Pommy
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Auckland, NZ
Posts: 727
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by MBasile View Post
Ah, "Texas Roadhouse" threw me off. Maybe the guy was trying to uphold the Texas experience.
that reminds me of the South Park episode where they take the school trip to the pioneer village and none of the villagers can break character no matter what. If you've not seen it don't worry , it was just replayed yesterday and the thought of Texas Roadhouse doing the same made me laugh

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 06:05 PM   #1247
MBasile
Recipes 
 
Jun 2009
Austin, TX
Posts: 1,537
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommy

that reminds me of the South Park episode where they take the school trip to the pioneer village and none of the villagers can break character no matter what. If you've not seen it don't worry , it was just replayed yesterday and the thought of Texas Roadhouse doing the same made me laugh
Turns out there is a TR near me. I thought of going in to test this new theory, but it looks like the darkest "beer" they have is Boston Lager. They do seem to carry the full lineup of Budweiser though, so there's that...
__________________
Up next: beer
Fermenting: beer
Conditioning: and more beer

Total gallons in 2012: 10

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #1248
bknifefight
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Dec 2009
PA
Posts: 1,956
Liked 110 Times on 82 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pommy View Post
It's his birthday this weekend so I hope the beer turns out well for him, my 13 year old sister has already said she will have it if he doesn't like it and she's as hard to please as he is
Wait...what? You're going to give beer to your 13 year old sister? Bad Pommy! Bad!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:45 PM   #1249
Pommy
Recipes 
 
May 2009
Auckland, NZ
Posts: 727
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bknifefight View Post
Wait...what? You're going to give beer to your 13 year old sister? Bad Pommy! Bad!
She's old enough to learn what GOOD beer is all about and that beer (and other alcoholic drinks) is something to appreciate not just get you drunk, shes already got a better pallete than my brother

2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 PM   #1250
MazdaMatt
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
St. Thomas, Ontario
Posts: 275
Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts


I was a better wine taster at 13 than I am now. Nothing wrong with small amounts of alcohol with large amounts of education for youngsters.

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Stupidest thing you've heard z987k Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 04-22-2009 12:19 AM
Your stupidest thread? Bruscar Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 21 12-23-2008 11:48 PM
STUPIDEST person ever larrybrewer Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 5 12-23-2008 09:55 PM
Stupidest mistake of the year? Yah, I think so.... Dude General Beer Discussion 25 03-09-2007 11:28 PM
Stupidest....Mistake.....Ever!! SwAMi75 General Beer Discussion 9 11-14-2005 05:50 PM


Forum Jump