The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 12 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 03-19-2008, 07:01 PM   #111
Crazytwoknobs

Recipes 

Aug 2007
Chicago
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Grabbing the carboy as if getting ready to pour: "Is it ready to drink yet?"

Old 03-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #112
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy
That seems to be the most common comment from the bmc set....

I've been tempted to brew a swartzbier just to have friends who say that try it...

I know. My brother and a few people I know are like that. I could probably serve them the wort from an unhopped ale that is made entirely of caramel malts and the would cringe and say, ooh to bitter.

People think all dark beers are 90 roast malt with craploads of bittering hops.

Makes me wish we would go back to the days of serving beer in opaque mugs made of ceramic or Pewter. Hell, I think I'm going to buy some cheap tin cups for that crowd from now on. I'll attach some cheap tin lids and call them "bier stiens". haha

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 03-21-2008, 05:08 PM   #113
farmbrewernw

Recipes 

Jan 2008
Richland, WA
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people (that don't know anything about beer) think that beer is made with hops and only hops as if you make a tea out of hops and then add some vodka or some !@#$. I can understand if you don't drink beer but wouldn't you think if you where a beer drinker you would at least want to know what you are consuming?
I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:28 PM   #114
BierMuncher
...My Junk is Ugly...
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jan 2007
St. Louis, MO
Liked 789 Times on 435 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkatuw
I had a friend taste BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde and he said it was way too hoppy and bitter (there were 2 oz of hops in a 10 gal batch!).

Then he tried Ed's Haus Pale ale and he said that he hates IPAs (I was surprised he knew what an IPA was...well, atleast he knew the initials). I don't think that recipe with 32 IBU is anywhere close to an IPA.

Oh well, leaves more for me to drink.
You need to brew him (her) up a SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde.

And save those precious hops for your own self.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:55 PM   #115
The Pol
Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 96 Times on 81 Posts

Yesterday as I drug my brew rig out and my brew fridge... my neighbor came out and she asked me "are you brewing METH yet? tee he he" Naw, not BREWING METH just yet... just cleaning up! What the hell.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #116
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Yeah the "oh is that a meth lab" jokes get old fast. Yeah, I'm making meth with barley. It's called budweiser.

Makes me wonder how many brewers get visits from the cops due to idiot neighbors.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 03-21-2008, 08:34 PM   #117
JustDave

Recipes 

Jun 2007
Mass.
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

My inlaws said my beer "tasted European".

Which I guess is a compliment ......

Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 PM   #118
TheCrane

Recipes 

Nov 2007
MQT da U.P.
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Here's one from the other side.

A fellow grad student gave me a mason jar full of "wine". Holding the jar up in front of my face I asked "what sort of wine is this?" She replied in no uncertain terms "red".

I later tasted it on a dare from my brewing friend. Tasted like unsweetened red KoolAid disolved in isopropyl

Trail Likes This 
Old 03-22-2008, 12:52 AM   #119
Jaybird
Sponsor
HBT_SPONSOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Nor*Cal
Liked 964 Times on 681 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny's Evil Concoctions
I know. My brother and a few people I know are like that. I could probably serve them the wort from an unhopped ale that is made entirely of caramel malts and the would cringe and say, ooh to bitter.

People think all dark beers are 90 roast malt with craploads of bittering hops.

Makes me wish we would go back to the days of serving beer in opaque mugs made of ceramic or Pewter. Hell, I think I'm going to buy some cheap tin cups for that crowd from now on. I'll attach some cheap tin lids and call them "bier stiens". haha
ya so ... go out and buy a 40 of BMC and put int a bottle, cap it and serve it up then watch there reactions... Its a hole lotta fun
JJ

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too
Smoke Cigars? www.stogietoys.com

*Member: The HBT Sweaty Fat Guy Cigar Club

Old 04-09-2008, 05:19 AM   #120
Bosh
Recipes 

Apr 2007
Seoul
Liked 133 Times on 89 Posts

Him: "hmmm this beer is thicker than I like" *turns to sink and pours a bunch of water in the beer.
Me: "Gah!"

Brother in-law all the time no matter what beer I make: should be more smooth. I like smooth!