The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 117 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 02-12-2011, 08:16 PM   #1161
SwampassJ

Recipes 

Mar 2010
Coral Springs, FL
Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommonsense View Post
Me: well guy I'm ganna brew some beer today. (Satuarday)
Co-worker: oh cool bring a few Monday.
In the defense of the average person most don't know it takes time to brew beer.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:22 PM   #1162
Coastarine
We get it, you hate BMC.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2008
New Bern, NC
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampassJ View Post
In the defense of the average person most don't know it takes time to brew beer.
Yeah, and if you eliminate that part, his reaction was basically "cool". That's good!
On Tap.........[The Munchner][Spiced Cider][English Cider][Simcoe IPA][Triple Hops Grooved][Cider'n 'gnac]

Old 02-14-2011, 02:53 PM   #1163
cfrye
Recipes 

Aug 2010
boston

my SWMBO... "It tastes like bread"

Old 02-15-2011, 02:17 AM   #1164
TANSTAAFB

Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO
Liked 120 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrye View Post
my SWMBO... "It tastes like bread"
I don't think that comment is stupid at all. I gained a WHOLE new appreciation for the flavors of my beer when I started baking bread from the spent grains. I could detect flavors in my beer that I tasted in my bread and vice versa. Maybe SWMBO has a better concept of what flavors are in your brews than you do...just sayin.

JohanMk1 Likes This 
Old 02-15-2011, 03:01 AM   #1165
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
I have yet to see genuine interest, which frustrates me a bit. I know so many people who drink beer, but not good beer. Actually a cousin of my wife drink good beer but thats about it. My boy likes some craft brews, but has no interest in hearing about styles. Theres just so much ignorance about beer. Im not knocking it, but i think most people see beer as a poor mans indulgence and thats sad.

I try to explain to people the complexity involved in making beer. Sure, anybody can make beer, but making great beer is a little more difficult. Much harder that making wine but yet theres more of a culture around wine. In part, i think we have bmc to thank for that.
Yeah beer can be as complex if not better than wine i just dont think it has been so attenuated as wine has in the past.I see all these visions of greater beer to come that have not been invented that are being processes right now as we speek/.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:16 AM   #1166
bschoenb
Recipes 

Dec 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

This Tastes Exactly like a Belgian Wit.... of My California Common

Old 02-15-2011, 03:21 AM   #1167
jonmohno
Recipes 

Nov 2010
Corn, High Fructose Corn Fortress, IA
Liked 417 Times on 367 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB View Post
I don't think that comment is stupid at all. I gained a WHOLE new appreciation for the flavors of my beer when I started baking bread from the spent grains. I could detect flavors in my beer that I tasted in my bread and vice versa. Maybe SWMBO has a better concept of what flavors are in your brews than you do...just sayin.
You know you made a good beer when people like your bread, for God's sake.

Old 02-15-2011, 03:33 AM   #1168
TANSTAAFB

Recipes 

May 2010
San Luis Valley, CO
Liked 120 Times on 93 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmohno View Post
You know you made a good beer when people like your bread, for God's sake.
I brewed 4 batches for my wife and I's graduation party last December. We had a friend make an old family recipe Texas mop brisket... to die for!!! So I threw out a loaf of my spent grain bread to go with it and got almost as many compliments on it as I did the beer

Old 02-15-2011, 03:35 AM   #1169
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

Someone compared my Amarillo dry hopped Rye IPA to a Yuengling. They couldn't be more different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 02-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #1170
DirtyDachshunds
Recipes 

Feb 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just love giving people a double ipa because they don't like my "heavy" beers like the stouts.