The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 109 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 10-31-2010, 09:34 PM   #1081
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Liked 3509 Times on 3324 Posts

Can we back to the stupid beer comments and away from the off topic quantity consumed comments?

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #1082
dwarven_stout
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Boise, ID
Liked 38 Times on 33 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeysab View Post
Well apparently a case (24) of Keystone Light is equivelalent to 5 gallons of any other beer. Lol
And it's so smooth you don't even notice.

Just like Keith Stone.

Old 11-01-2010, 03:31 AM   #1083

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
Can we back to the stupid beer comments and away from the off topic quantity consumed comments?
No! I was enjoying stupid comments, about stupid comments about beer drinking.

The only way to break this streak is to have a stupid comment about beer itself. Go ahead and make one up if that makes you feel better.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 AM   #1084

IP, Your expectations are too high for this forum. This is Drunken Rambling and Mindless Mumbling. Obviously you need to drink up.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 11-01-2010, 04:57 AM   #1085
chapa

Recipes 

Jul 2010
St Louis, MO
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I always get the "god that's heavy" comment. Whether its a Pale Ale, IPA or a brown. I haven't even made anything close to a stout or porter yet.

I made a really bitter IPA recently that always makes people pucker and they say "whew. thats strong/bitter", and I just tell them "well good, thats exactly what I was going for!"

The best comment I got was about my Amarillo/Simcoe IPA(which got a LOT of good feedback), from a BMC drinker that also enjoys a Sam Adams/Schlafly. I gave him a taster from the keg before he headed out to the bars one night. He and everyone else really took well to it, the girl even saying it had a peach flavor. He told me a few days later that after he went out that night, he couldn't even drink a bud light or any other regular/commercial beers.

Say no more
Bottled/Kegged: Red Rye IPA, Wesside Trip(Westmalle Tripel clone), ESB, Lil Trap (4% Trappist Starter Batch), Robust (Pumpkin) Porter, 3% Little Hopper, "Slick Rick" Old Engine Oil Clone(oaked w/ vanilla and balvenie scotch), Imperial RyePA,
On Deck: Quad, Belgian IPA, Orfy's Mild, Scotch Ale

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 11-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #1086
Reno_eNVy

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Reno, Nevada
Liked 229 Times on 195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapa View Post
I always get the "god that's heavy" comment. Whether its a Pale Ale, IPA or a brown.
Oh man, I get those quite often. I believe, in the translation, heavy = flavorful

Kegged: air and sadness =(

Bottled: English Barleywine (brewed 9/26/09 -- bottled 5/5/10)

LET'S GO LA!
LA CAMPEONES!
PLAY FOR GLORY, THE GLORY LA!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #1087
ColonelForbin
Recipes 

Jul 2009
Hattiesburg, MS
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

"are you sure this isnt wine?" BMC friend drinking a belgian golden strong

"why on earth would you want your beer to be bitter?" my mom

"what country is this beer from?" ummmmm its a homebrew. i made it down the street. "it taste like a german beer." - the beer was an imperial stout

"your beer got me really really drunk last night. " friend referring to my belgian golden strong 8.5%abv

Old 11-01-2010, 10:08 PM   #1088
Whut
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2009
Peoria, AZ
Liked 1878 Times on 1718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
"why on earth would you want your beer to be bitter?" my mom
LMAO, that's funny right there.

Whut is a very logical person. Just ask him. – Fedora

Old 11-01-2010, 11:28 PM   #1089
Diver165

Recipes 

May 2010
Huntington, WVA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

My boss kept hounding me for a sample of my beer. I finally brought some with me to give to those who wanted a to try it. He came by a few days later and said, "yeah I tried that beer the other night...nice and wheaty."

WTF? Wheaty???? It was a traditional brown. Probably should stick with his Michelob.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM   #1090
heiman5
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Ithaca, NY
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

both from tasting my oatmeal stout:

"wow that is really like a hoegaarden"
"tastes like coffee mixed with beer!"