The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 103 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 08-31-2010, 12:28 PM   #1021
glenn514
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2010
Marengo, Illinois
Liked 323 Times on 182 Posts

Ever notice how common sense is so uncommon these days?

Ever notice that there are many, many more back ends of horses than there are front ends???

glenn514

Old 08-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #1022
HelperMonkey
Recipes 

May 2008
Knoxville, Tennessee

Just had a guy tell me that he thought Ed's apfelwein gave him vertigo. He gets no more homebrew.

Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #1023
floyd242
Recipes 

Jul 2010
City of Decatur, GA
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

I took a bunch of my homebrew to a music festival and gave some away, the guy camped next to us kept calling me Samuel Jackson after that Chappelle Show skit. I'd be randomly walking around and hear "It'll get you drunk!". It was kind of funny the first 20 times...

Old 08-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #1024
jgilbreth
Recipes 

Jan 2010
St Louis Area
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWiggles View Post
...We recruited some new members this year and one is a long haired guy of 21 years.
Him: Oh ya, sure, I used to brew all the time.
Sounds like a typical hipster. "Yeah, I did that back before you did. I'm already passed it though, so you're obviously not as cutting edge as me."

He probably also told everyone how he gets all his clothes from Goodwill because he's anti-consumerism and asked everyone if they knew of some ridiculously obscure terrible band that he's currently into.

I'd tell his American Apparel wearing @$$ to go get a PBR and leave everyone else alone.
Next Up: Orange Blossom Honey Hef

Reason: messed up a quote syntax

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 PM   #1025
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Thiensville, Wisconsin
Liked 489 Times on 378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Just had a guy tell me that he thought Ed's apfelwein gave him vertigo. He gets no more homebrew.
did he pour it in his ear?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:20 PM   #1026

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelperMonkey View Post
Thats probably half true. He was getting trashed and misdiagnosed drunkenness with vertigo. It would be alot more funny if he said that he was in coma the whole next day.

I will say drink this on barstool for a an hour or two... have 3-4 then hop off to take a leak and you will feel like you have spaghetti legs. Did so with my first run-in with Strongbow Cider in London.

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

Old 08-31-2010, 05:42 PM   #1027
Grimster
Recipes 

Dec 2009
North Alabama
Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlenkerla View Post
Thats probably half true. He was getting trashed and misdiagnosed drunkenness with vertigo. It would be alot more funny if he said that he was in coma the whole next day.

I will say drink this on barstool for a an hour or two... have 3-4 then hop off to take a leak and you will feel like you have spaghetti legs. Did so with my first run-in with Strongbow Cider in London.
No doubt this is probably the case, my latest batch of apfelwein has an sg of 1.111 so it should be quite rude when it's done fermenting.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:03 PM   #1028
Bdogg
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Edmonton, AB
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

hehe yeah you might confuse it with vertigo if, yknow, you'd never been drunk before.

Old 09-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #1029
GoldMiner
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

This isn't really a stupid comment about my beer exactly, just about beer in general.

Talking to a co-worker who found out the I homebrew from another co-worker who I shared some brew with.

Her: I want some homebrew.
Me: Not sure if you'd like it.
Her: I want some homebrew.
Me: Sure, what type would you like.
Her: What type do you have?
Me: A pale ale, IPA, English Mild, English bitter...
Her: Got any plum? Plum sounds good.

I got back to work before my head exploded.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #1030
BlueSunshine
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Pittsburgh
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
And from Mom:

"Are you sure it wont kill you?"
"ARE YOU SURE?!"
"How do you know what's growing in there?"
"How do you know if it's not poisonous?"
I get the EXACT same stuff from my mom.

Mom: "You don't know what kind of germs are in there!"
Me: "Mom, I do know, I made it myself. Also there is nothing that can live in beer that can harm the human body"
Mom: "You don't know that!"
Me: ::facepalm::

I'm grateful for the fact that my mom is still looking out for me at age 26, but the lady can at least have some confidence in my knowledge.

Bottled: Three Pistols, Spaced Out Saison, Amarillo Armadillo
Conditioning:
Fermenting: GTFO Stout
Gone: Sheffield Pale Ale, Donut Shop Coffee Stout,Hop Rape Imperial IPA, Hooston's Irish Red Beer'd