The stupidest comment on your beer - Page 10 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > The stupidest comment on your beer

Old 02-29-2008, 12:56 AM   #91
kaptain_karma

Recipes 

Nov 2005
San Francisco
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My friend sipped my alt, swished it around in his mouth a bit, and after a few moments of deep thought said "Hmm, tastes like beer."

My old roomate wasn't much of a beer drinker, but would always humor me by at least trying a sip of all my homebrews. After passing on countless light accessible styles, the one he finally liked was a dark Belgian strong ale. Go figure.

On trying the same dark Belgian strong, my dad winced at the high abv and asked if I was an alcoholic.

Old 02-29-2008, 04:08 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain_karma
On trying the same dark Belgian strong, my dad winced at the high abv and asked if I was an alcoholic.
I had a similar experience with my MIL. She is a junk collector. Does a lot of garage sale-ing, and picks up odds and ends and stores the stuff in a two car garage. The garage is packed w/ junk. I was asked to move a dresser out of there and low & behold I see a glass 5 gal Alpine Water Bottle!!

I asked her what she was going to do with it, she says,

"Nothing, why do you want it?"

I'm like, "Yes!!"

She says "Tell me what you want it for first."

I say,"Beer making."

She goes on to tell tell me she doesn't know what was in it before and that I might get poisioned. I tell he that I will clean it first. That was OK with her. Now this bottle is on a decanting craddle hinged and all. It has a screw on cap to boot. Its pretty nice score for $0.00

2 hours later.....

She comes in to the house and tells me, "I don't think you really need it."

I'm like, "What???"

She goes, "Once you open it you'll have to drink all of that beer or it will go flat!!!! You know I don't think you need to drink that much!!"

I'm busting up on the floor laughing. I explain that it will be a fermentation vessel and that I promised not to drink out of it." Come to think of it that would a 645oz beer!

This total redefines the meaning, "I'm only gonna have one!!"

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2008, 11:14 AM   #93
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2005
West Kelowna BC, Canada
Liked 67 Times on 53 Posts

Well this wasn't a comment on my beer but I just had to quote this chick in this restaurant/bar we go to.

While drinking a pilsner urqell at the end of the night: "I like real pilsner better."

Me walking by and had to say: "Uh, that IS a real pilsner. It's actually thought to be the FIRST pilsner and has been around for almost 200 years."

Her: "Well, they sure improved it a lot since then." (meaning Budweiser as the "improvement").

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 03-01-2008, 01:36 PM   #94
Pugilist
Recipes 

Dec 2006
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Makes me laugh, I told my significant other about Diacetyl and had her taste a lager after it was done fermenting. She said it tasted good and she couldnt taste any butterscotch, etc.

Now anytime she tastes any of my other beers, lagers or ales, if she doesnt like it she says "eww, tastes like butterscotch!". Cracks me up everytime.

Old 03-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #95
Dave the Brewer

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Nederland, TX
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

I have a friend that picked up a bag of crystal 120, so this is hops? (I love him to death) but he thinks all the beer I brew darker than BMC taste like bark.

Old 03-15-2008, 05:22 AM   #96
BigKahuna

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Eastern Colorado
Liked 52 Times on 45 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta pleated sheet
"How do you make beer at home? Do you have to distill it?"
+1
A co-worker (70+ Years old) :
"Wow. You Brew your own beer? Did you buy your still or make it?'
Me:
Bought it at Wal Mart.
Co Worker:
Wal Mart has Everything.

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2008, 05:43 AM   #97
Jesse17
Yep....I tell you what...

Recipes 

Nov 2007
Miles City, MT.
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Tonight I was bagging someone's groceries, and they had 2 six packs of Blue Moon. I grabbed the first one and through it in a bag hap hazardously, like I would with BMC. Then I realized what I was doing and gently placed the second one in the bag, making sure not to disturb the sediment.

Wanting to start a conversation about non BMC beer, I was about to make a point of telling the guy that I was trying to not stir up his sediment, when I realized that it was just a wheat ale, not a bottle conditioned ale.

I'm glad I caught myself before saying anything, or it would have been embarrassing, if he know anything about beer.

jamiemc18 Likes This 
Old 03-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #98
9/9
Collembola!

Recipes 

Dec 2007
Durham, NC
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Last night a friend said that he didn't like our new stout because "it is too stouty". Strange, since I though the beer came out with less flavor than I would have liked.
Drinking:MO-Amarillo SMaSH (14), BierMucher's Black Pearl Porter (13), Munich-NB SMaSH (16), Lemon Summer Blonde (18)
Planning: Belgian Brown (20)

Old 03-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #99
BrewDey
Recipes 

Mar 2007
Cincinnati
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've heard 'tastes like Amber Bock' used to describe several of my beers...and then yes, everything with any flavor is 'really hoppy'

Old 03-16-2008, 02:27 AM   #100
Brew Runner
Recipes 

Oct 2005
Antelope Valley, SoCal
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I try to avoid the aggravation altogether by rarely offering up my own brews unless I really think it will be enjoyed. Just a week or two ago a friend told me that Coors Light was the only thing that tasted good lately(usually his poison is Bud Light....there's a difference?). I had one and wondered how he thought that taste was involved with Coors...because I couldn't find any taste in that can at all.

Another mutual acquaintance, however, is on the road to redemption because he just recently tried brewing his own. It's not bottled yet, but that's a person I'd offer a HB to.

My folks like their Heineken, so my ales don't really go over that well.