Hello from the Tampa Bay Area!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonofthedead

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am returning to home brewing after a 5 year hiatus (son and daughter being born) and am brewing out of the Tampa bay (st Pete) area.

When I started I was an extract only but right before my hiatus I was getting into partial mash.

My first brew back is an APA partial mash that I am doing under a close pressure fermentation(been lurking on wortmonger and mad scientist).

I am interested in going all grain (and getting out of the kitchen) but haven't made a decision on going gas, electric, (or even steam I see is a big one now).

I am big on diy when I can and the money makes sense, and am loving this site!

Nice! Passedpawn, What type of brewer are you? AG or Extract? Gas or Electric?

Last edited:
I am in the area as well. Avid brewing in St Pete is the place to go.

I am in the area as well. Avid brewing in St Pete is the place to go.

never been over to Avid thought heard good things. I work right off of 66th and bryan dairy so usually get my supplies at The Pantry. What kind of setup you working? I am in teh beginning stages of planning a brew setup so just trying to get ideas!

:mug:

just purchased the Grainfather after years of using two coolers it was a game changer for me.

Back