Saison - slick and yeasty.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerkench

Reaction score
Hi,

First time spunding valve user, I secondary fermented a Saison in the keg with Wlp 585 and I crashed when it got to 1.004-1.006 with a week cold conditioning.
I tried it yesterday and got wonderful aroma but a very yeasty taste and quite a slick mouthfeel even though I can't taste any butterscotch. (I don't know what diacetyl taste like). I'm wondering if I crashed to soon and that maybe I should take the keg out the fridge and warm condition for a week or maybe It would benefit a longer cold lager period?

I find that saison changes more than many other beers as it sits. I would let it sit longer, but I'd just leave it in the fridge. I'm lazy. However, I suspect either way would be fine.

Thanks. I took the keg out the fridge and let it sit at room temp for a week then chilled for another week and the beer had cleared and the slickness has gone. I guess saison is better after time.

Sent from hell
using Home Brew

Latest posts

Back